Truckee volleyball | Reed earns comeback win in five
September 9, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team dropped a tightly contested nonleague match in five games against visiting Reed on Thursday.
After winning the first set 25-17 and losing the second by the same score, Truckee again took the lead with a 25-22 win in the third set. But Reed came back to win the next two, 25-27 and 15-13, to secure the victory.
Truckee senior Mackenzie Redner led the Wolverines with 19 kills and 21 digs, while Lauren Peak finished with 13 kills, two service aces and 13 digs, Chelsea Mohun had 39 assists, 15 digs and two aces, Elizabeth Costa had two blocks, and Tori Simpson had 14 digs.
The Wolverines (4-6) are scheduled to host Dayton (8-0) on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM