Truckee volleyball | Reed earns comeback win in five
September 9, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team dropped a tightly contested nonleague match in five games against visiting Reed on Thursday.
After winning the first set 25-17 and losing the second by the same score, Truckee again took the lead with a 25-22 win in the third set. But Reed came back to win the next two, 25-27 and 15-13, to secure the victory.
Truckee senior Mackenzie Redner led the Wolverines with 19 kills and 21 digs, while Lauren Peak finished with 13 kills, two service aces and 13 digs, Chelsea Mohun had 39 assists, 15 digs and two aces, Elizabeth Costa had two blocks, and Tori Simpson had 14 digs.
The Wolverines (4-6) are scheduled to host Dayton (8-0) on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage