Truckee volleyball | Reed earns comeback win in five
September 9, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team dropped a tightly contested nonleague match in five games against visiting Reed on Thursday.
After winning the first set 25-17 and losing the second by the same score, Truckee again took the lead with a 25-22 win in the third set. But Reed came back to win the next two, 25-27 and 15-13, to secure the victory.
Truckee senior Mackenzie Redner led the Wolverines with 19 kills and 21 digs, while Lauren Peak finished with 13 kills, two service aces and 13 digs, Chelsea Mohun had 39 assists, 15 digs and two aces, Elizabeth Costa had two blocks, and Tori Simpson had 14 digs.
The Wolverines (4-6) are scheduled to host Dayton (8-0) on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens