Truckee volleyball | Visiting Dust Devils take down Wolverines
Ryan Summerlin September 13, 2013
Eleven matches into its season, Truckee volleyball team has yet to face an easy opponent.
The Wolverines squared off against another quality team on Tuesday and again came up a bit short, this time in four games against visiting Dayton.
After dropping the first two sets, 19-25 and 24-26, Truckee rebounded to win the third game 25-23. In another tightly contested fourth set, Truckee fell 25-27.
“Our defense stills needs tightening,” said Truckee coach Erika Murphy, whose team fell to 4-7 on the year and 0-1 in Northern Division I-A play. The Dust Devils improved to 16-1 on the year.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner led the Wolverines with 14 kills and 10 digs, senior setter Chelsea Mohun had 24 assists, and senior Lauren Peak had eight kills and 15 digs.
Dayton posted 49 kills to Truckee’s 26, led by senior outside hitter Madi Foley’s match-high 21 kills. Senior Taryn Schriner added 13 kills and Peach Coons had six.
The Wolverines are scheduled to host Sparks on Friday at 6 p.m. and play at Fallon on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline