Truckee volleyball | Visiting Dust Devils take down Wolverines
September 13, 2013
Eleven matches into its season, Truckee volleyball team has yet to face an easy opponent.
The Wolverines squared off against another quality team on Tuesday and again came up a bit short, this time in four games against visiting Dayton.
After dropping the first two sets, 19-25 and 24-26, Truckee rebounded to win the third game 25-23. In another tightly contested fourth set, Truckee fell 25-27.
"Our defense stills needs tightening," said Truckee coach Erika Murphy, whose team fell to 4-7 on the year and 0-1 in Northern Division I-A play. The Dust Devils improved to 16-1 on the year.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner led the Wolverines with 14 kills and 10 digs, senior setter Chelsea Mohun had 24 assists, and senior Lauren Peak had eight kills and 15 digs.
Dayton posted 49 kills to Truckee's 26, led by senior outside hitter Madi Foley's match-high 21 kills. Senior Taryn Schriner added 13 kills and Peach Coons had six.
The Wolverines are scheduled to host Sparks on Friday at 6 p.m. and play at Fallon on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues