Truckee volleyball | Wolverines earn hard-fought win at Lowry
October 22, 2013
Truckee will host its final three matches — Elko on Thursday at 6 p.m., Spring Creek on Friday at the same time and South Tahoe on Nov. 1.
The Truckee volleyball team eked out a Division I-A win in five sets at Lowry on Friday.
The Wolverines jumped out to a 2-0 lead, 25-10 and 25-13, before the Buckaroos rebounded to take the second and third sets 25-21 and 25-19. Truckee responded with a 15-6 win in the final set to put the match away.
Senior Lauren Peak was Truckee's player of the match, as she tallied 10 kills and 10 digs. With plenty of time to work, senior Mackenzie Redner accumulated a match-high 26 kills to go along with her six blocks, three service aces and 14 digs.
Senior setter Chelsea Mohun finished with 44 assists and four kills, while Taylor Stevens and Elizabeth Costa each had four kills, and Kari Murphy had three aces. Costa added nine digs and Stevens and Anais Fay each had five.
With the win the second-place Wolverines improved to 10-2 in league with four matches remaining in the regular season (their match at Fernley on Tuesday ended too late for publication). Lowry is 7-6 in league.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Truckee boys soccer: Wolverines cruise past Greenwave in 7-0 shutout
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Explore Tahoe: Shake up party plans, drink some wine and try your hand at painting