Truckee volleyball | Wolverines earn hard-fought win at Lowry
Ryan Summerlin October 22, 2013
Truckee will host its final three matches — Elko on Thursday at 6 p.m., Spring Creek on Friday at the same time and South Tahoe on Nov. 1.
The Truckee volleyball team eked out a Division I-A win in five sets at Lowry on Friday.
The Wolverines jumped out to a 2-0 lead, 25-10 and 25-13, before the Buckaroos rebounded to take the second and third sets 25-21 and 25-19. Truckee responded with a 15-6 win in the final set to put the match away.
Senior Lauren Peak was Truckee’s player of the match, as she tallied 10 kills and 10 digs. With plenty of time to work, senior Mackenzie Redner accumulated a match-high 26 kills to go along with her six blocks, three service aces and 14 digs.
Senior setter Chelsea Mohun finished with 44 assists and four kills, while Taylor Stevens and Elizabeth Costa each had four kills, and Kari Murphy had three aces. Costa added nine digs and Stevens and Anais Fay each had five.
With the win the second-place Wolverines improved to 10-2 in league with four matches remaining in the regular season (their match at Fernley on Tuesday ended too late for publication). Lowry is 7-6 in league.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline