Truckee volleyball | Wolverines move to 3-1 in league
September 24, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team swept past visiting Lowry in straight sets on Friday before dropping a pair of nonleague matches in the Davis (Calif.) Tournament over the weekend.
While the Wolverines dispatched Lowry in three games, the Buckaroos did not go down easily, with the exception of the second set. Truckee won 25-23, 25-14 and 27-25 to improve to 3-1 in the Northern Division I-A.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner tallied a match-high 15 kills to go along with her 13 digs.
Senior Lauren Peak finished with eight kills, a block and five digs, Elizabeth Costa and Anais Fay each had three kills, and Chelsea Mohun had 30 assists and 14 digs. Mo Lebel added 11 digs.
Juliana Velasco led Lowry with eight kills and three service aces
Truckee lost 2-0 to Westmont and Davis, both large California schools, and is now 7-9 overall.
The Wolverines travel to Elko and Spring Creek for league matches Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan