Truckee volleyball | Wolverines move to 3-1 in league
September 24, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team swept past visiting Lowry in straight sets on Friday before dropping a pair of nonleague matches in the Davis (Calif.) Tournament over the weekend.
While the Wolverines dispatched Lowry in three games, the Buckaroos did not go down easily, with the exception of the second set. Truckee won 25-23, 25-14 and 27-25 to improve to 3-1 in the Northern Division I-A.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner tallied a match-high 15 kills to go along with her 13 digs.
Senior Lauren Peak finished with eight kills, a block and five digs, Elizabeth Costa and Anais Fay each had three kills, and Chelsea Mohun had 30 assists and 14 digs. Mo Lebel added 11 digs.
Juliana Velasco led Lowry with eight kills and three service aces
Truckee lost 2-0 to Westmont and Davis, both large California schools, and is now 7-9 overall.
The Wolverines travel to Elko and Spring Creek for league matches Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck