Truckee volleyball | Wolverines move to 3-1 in league
September 24, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team swept past visiting Lowry in straight sets on Friday before dropping a pair of nonleague matches in the Davis (Calif.) Tournament over the weekend.
While the Wolverines dispatched Lowry in three games, the Buckaroos did not go down easily, with the exception of the second set. Truckee won 25-23, 25-14 and 27-25 to improve to 3-1 in the Northern Division I-A.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner tallied a match-high 15 kills to go along with her 13 digs.
Senior Lauren Peak finished with eight kills, a block and five digs, Elizabeth Costa and Anais Fay each had three kills, and Chelsea Mohun had 30 assists and 14 digs. Mo Lebel added 11 digs.
Juliana Velasco led Lowry with eight kills and three service aces
Truckee lost 2-0 to Westmont and Davis, both large California schools, and is now 7-9 overall.
The Wolverines travel to Elko and Spring Creek for league matches Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- 250-unit apartment complex changes hands
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest