Truckee volleyball | Wolverines move to 3-1 in league
Ryan Summerlin September 24, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team swept past visiting Lowry in straight sets on Friday before dropping a pair of nonleague matches in the Davis (Calif.) Tournament over the weekend.
While the Wolverines dispatched Lowry in three games, the Buckaroos did not go down easily, with the exception of the second set. Truckee won 25-23, 25-14 and 27-25 to improve to 3-1 in the Northern Division I-A.
Senior outside hitter Mackenzie Redner tallied a match-high 15 kills to go along with her 13 digs.
Senior Lauren Peak finished with eight kills, a block and five digs, Elizabeth Costa and Anais Fay each had three kills, and Chelsea Mohun had 30 assists and 14 digs. Mo Lebel added 11 digs.
Juliana Velasco led Lowry with eight kills and three service aces
Truckee lost 2-0 to Westmont and Davis, both large California schools, and is now 7-9 overall.
The Wolverines travel to Elko and Spring Creek for league matches Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- Take a hike: Scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret well worth the work (video)
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks