Truckee volleyball | Wolverines sweep past Railroaders
September 16, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team was due for a victory.
After facing nothing but top-notch competition to begin their season, many from larger schools, the Wolverines swept past visiting Sparks in straight sets Friday, 25-9, 25-11 and 25-17.
Truckee, which had previously lost four straight matches, improved to 1-1 in Northern Division I-A league play and 5-7 overall.
Senior Lauren Peak posted a team-high seven kills for Truckee while recording three service aces and three digs.
Chelsea Mohun had 19 assists, 15 service points and two aces, and Becca Berelson had four kills, three aces and four digs.
Mackenzie Redner, Taylor Stevens and Anais Fay each had two kills. Heather Lade had three aces and Mo Lebel had a team-high seven digs.
The Wolverines are scheduled to host Lowry (6-6) on Friday at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)