Truckee volleyball | Wolverines sweep past Sparks
October 14, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team got back on the winning track with a dominant victory in straight sets at Sparks on Friday, 25-7, 25-8, 25-17.
Sophomore Anais Fay was named Player of the Match for the Wolverines after tallying seven kills. Senior Lauren Peak finished with nine kills and nine digs, Mackenzie Redner had seven kills and two service aces, and Chelsea Mohun had 26 assists and 11 service points.
Katherine Englert posted three kills, while Becca Berelson and Mohun each had two kills. Truckee finished with 11 aces in the match, with Katie Fisher and Tori Simpson each recording two.
The Wolverines improved to 8-2 in the Northern Division I-A, with both losses coming against first-place Dayton. Truckee is 14-11 overall.
Truckee is scheduled to host Fallon on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The Wolverines then play at Lowry on Friday and at Fernley on Tuesday before wrapping up the regular season with three consecutive home matches — versus Elko on Oct. 24, Spring Creek on Oct. 25 and South Tahoe on Nov. 1.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage