Truckee volleyball | Wolverines sweep past Sparks
October 14, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team got back on the winning track with a dominant victory in straight sets at Sparks on Friday, 25-7, 25-8, 25-17.
Sophomore Anais Fay was named Player of the Match for the Wolverines after tallying seven kills. Senior Lauren Peak finished with nine kills and nine digs, Mackenzie Redner had seven kills and two service aces, and Chelsea Mohun had 26 assists and 11 service points.
Katherine Englert posted three kills, while Becca Berelson and Mohun each had two kills. Truckee finished with 11 aces in the match, with Katie Fisher and Tori Simpson each recording two.
The Wolverines improved to 8-2 in the Northern Division I-A, with both losses coming against first-place Dayton. Truckee is 14-11 overall.
Truckee is scheduled to host Fallon on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The Wolverines then play at Lowry on Friday and at Fernley on Tuesday before wrapping up the regular season with three consecutive home matches — versus Elko on Oct. 24, Spring Creek on Oct. 25 and South Tahoe on Nov. 1.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens