Truckee volleyball | Wolverines win in four at Fernley
October 24, 2013
The Truckee volleyball team defeated Fernley in four sets on the road Tuesday to run its win streak to four straight.
The Wolverines opened with a 25-14 win before falling 22-25 in the second game. They put the match away with a couple of efficient sets, 25-12, 25-16.
Senior Elizabeth Costa was named player of the match for the Wolverines, as she tallied five kills, a block and six digs.
Mackenzie Redner drove home a match-high 19 kills, three service aces, four blocks and 16 digs, while Chelsea Mohun posted 38 assists and three kills. Lauren Peak finished with nine kills and 17 digs, Tori Simpson had three kills, two aces and 10 digs, and Taylor Stevens had three kills.
For Fernley (5-8 league), Kelsie Callahan had 10 kills to lead the way.
The Wolverines, in second place behind Dayton (14-0) improved to 11-2 in Northern Division I-A play and 17-1 overall with three matches remaining. They played Elko on Thursday (the match ended too late for publication). They host Spring Creek on Friday at 6 p.m. and South Tahoe on Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. to end the regular season.
Truckee currently holds the No. 2 playoff seed as the Northern Region Division I-A championship nears. The regional tournament is scheduled for Nov. 9. The top four teams advance, with the No. 1 seed hosting the No. 4 and the No. 2 seed the No. 3.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder