Truckee’s Andy Anderson victorious in Marlette 50K
August 22, 2014
Andy Anderson of Truckee raced to a first-place finish in the inaugural Marlette 50K in the Spooner Lake Backcountry on Sunday.
Competing in the 35-39 age group, Anderson covered the scenic 50-kilometer course in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 3 seconds.
Patrick Parsel of South Lake Tahoe finished runner-up, posting a time of 4:08:06, while Ben Tedore of Reno was a split second behind to round out the top three.
Incline Village resident Rachel Barth topped the women's field and placed seventh overall with a time of 4:56:05. Kristen Kercher of Bedford, N.H., was the second woman finisher and 17th overall with a time of 6:19:20, and Tina Borcherding of Rancho Cordova was third among women and 19th overall in 6:26:56.
Truckee's Jim Telling placed eighth overall in 5:04:07.
A total of 48 people started the run, with 44 finishing. The race was part of Big Blue Adventure's Tahoe Trail Running Series, which continues with the Heavenly Mountain Run on Aug. 31, the Emerald Bay Trail Run on Sept. 20 and the Lederhosen on Sept. 27.
Find a photo gallery from the race here.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues