Truckee’s Andy Anderson victorious in Marlette 50K
August 22, 2014
Andy Anderson of Truckee raced to a first-place finish in the inaugural Marlette 50K in the Spooner Lake Backcountry on Sunday.
Competing in the 35-39 age group, Anderson covered the scenic 50-kilometer course in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 3 seconds.
Patrick Parsel of South Lake Tahoe finished runner-up, posting a time of 4:08:06, while Ben Tedore of Reno was a split second behind to round out the top three.
Incline Village resident Rachel Barth topped the women’s field and placed seventh overall with a time of 4:56:05. Kristen Kercher of Bedford, N.H., was the second woman finisher and 17th overall with a time of 6:19:20, and Tina Borcherding of Rancho Cordova was third among women and 19th overall in 6:26:56.
Truckee’s Jim Telling placed eighth overall in 5:04:07.
A total of 48 people started the run, with 44 finishing. The race was part of Big Blue Adventure’s Tahoe Trail Running Series, which continues with the Heavenly Mountain Run on Aug. 31, the Emerald Bay Trail Run on Sept. 20 and the Lederhosen on Sept. 27.
Find a photo gallery from the race here.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump