Truckee’s Andy Anderson victorious in Marlette 50K
August 22, 2014
Andy Anderson of Truckee raced to a first-place finish in the inaugural Marlette 50K in the Spooner Lake Backcountry on Sunday.
Competing in the 35-39 age group, Anderson covered the scenic 50-kilometer course in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 3 seconds.
Patrick Parsel of South Lake Tahoe finished runner-up, posting a time of 4:08:06, while Ben Tedore of Reno was a split second behind to round out the top three.
Incline Village resident Rachel Barth topped the women’s field and placed seventh overall with a time of 4:56:05. Kristen Kercher of Bedford, N.H., was the second woman finisher and 17th overall with a time of 6:19:20, and Tina Borcherding of Rancho Cordova was third among women and 19th overall in 6:26:56.
Truckee’s Jim Telling placed eighth overall in 5:04:07.
A total of 48 people started the run, with 44 finishing. The race was part of Big Blue Adventure’s Tahoe Trail Running Series, which continues with the Heavenly Mountain Run on Aug. 31, the Emerald Bay Trail Run on Sept. 20 and the Lederhosen on Sept. 27.
Find a photo gallery from the race here.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell