Truckee’s Andy Anderson victorious in Marlette 50K
Ryan Summerlin August 22, 2014
Andy Anderson of Truckee raced to a first-place finish in the inaugural Marlette 50K in the Spooner Lake Backcountry on Sunday.
Competing in the 35-39 age group, Anderson covered the scenic 50-kilometer course in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 3 seconds.
Patrick Parsel of South Lake Tahoe finished runner-up, posting a time of 4:08:06, while Ben Tedore of Reno was a split second behind to round out the top three.
Incline Village resident Rachel Barth topped the women’s field and placed seventh overall with a time of 4:56:05. Kristen Kercher of Bedford, N.H., was the second woman finisher and 17th overall with a time of 6:19:20, and Tina Borcherding of Rancho Cordova was third among women and 19th overall in 6:26:56.
Truckee’s Jim Telling placed eighth overall in 5:04:07.
A total of 48 people started the run, with 44 finishing. The race was part of Big Blue Adventure’s Tahoe Trail Running Series, which continues with the Heavenly Mountain Run on Aug. 31, the Emerald Bay Trail Run on Sept. 20 and the Lederhosen on Sept. 27.
Find a photo gallery from the race here.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline