Truckee’s Andy Anderson victorious in Marlette 50K
August 22, 2014
Andy Anderson of Truckee raced to a first-place finish in the inaugural Marlette 50K in the Spooner Lake Backcountry on Sunday.
Competing in the 35-39 age group, Anderson covered the scenic 50-kilometer course in 3 hours, 55 minutes, 3 seconds.
Patrick Parsel of South Lake Tahoe finished runner-up, posting a time of 4:08:06, while Ben Tedore of Reno was a split second behind to round out the top three.
Incline Village resident Rachel Barth topped the women's field and placed seventh overall with a time of 4:56:05. Kristen Kercher of Bedford, N.H., was the second woman finisher and 17th overall with a time of 6:19:20, and Tina Borcherding of Rancho Cordova was third among women and 19th overall in 6:26:56.
Truckee's Jim Telling placed eighth overall in 5:04:07.
A total of 48 people started the run, with 44 finishing. The race was part of Big Blue Adventure's Tahoe Trail Running Series, which continues with the Heavenly Mountain Run on Aug. 31, the Emerald Bay Trail Run on Sept. 20 and the Lederhosen on Sept. 27.
Find a photo gallery from the race here.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee High baseball team goes 2-2 to start season
- Explore Tahoe: Reach new heights with a North Shore snowmobile tour
- North Tahoe varsity boys golf win first league tourney
- Squaw Valley World Cup: 20,000 fans joined hundreds of volunteers in celebration
- Travis Ganong, others marvel at Squaw Valley during World Cup weekend
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz