Wayne Nash voted Coach of the Year
March 27, 2013
Second-year Incline girls basketball coach Wayne Nash was voted Coach of the Year of the Mount Rose League earlier this month.
The All-League awards were voted on by coaches of the mixed-division league, which includes Division III and Division I-A schools around the lake, plus Sparks.
The coaches determined a separate first team for the two divisions, while the two divisions were combined for the second team and honorable mention selections. Nash was voted All-Mount Rose League Coach of the Year among both divisions.
Nash led the Incline girls to a 16-13 record overall and 7-3 in league. The team won seven of its last eight games, and nine of its last 11, and gave state champion Pershing County a run for its money in the second round of the regional postseason, before losing 54-44.
Pershing County, which also won state in 2012 and defeated Incline 60-26 early in the season, went on to defeat White Pine 64-51, Calvary Chapel 61-36 and Lincoln County 59-34 for the title.
Incline’s All-League player selections already ran in the Bonanza, but Nash’s Coach of the Year was not included.
Trending In: Sports
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Explore Tahoe: Not into skiing? Check out these 6 fun winter ideas
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: Guided backcountry tours available at Squaw-Alpine
- North Tahoe-Truckee sports briefs: Inaugural Run The Runway coming Saturday
- Lake Tahoe weather: First storm wave begins Wednesday; are you prepared?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Incline officials urge residents to be prepared
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 21 inches of snow at Sugar Bowl; chain controls in effect
- No one hurt in fire at Tahoe City’s Henrikson building