Ten tips for summer bliss in Tahoe
June 24, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Summer is a happy time of year and is the perfect time to refresh, relax and take small steps to become more balanced all year round. Psychotherapist, Positive Living Expert and Author of "Creating Balance and Finding Happiness," Diane Lang, offers 10 small changes you can do this summer that will make a huge difference in your life.
1. Add gratitude to your life this summer — focus on what you have.
2. Change your perspective. See every negative event or situation from a different point of view. This can change any negative into a positive learning experience.
3. Make sure your basic needs are met this summer. Are you drinking plenty of water (not coffee, tea or soda), spending time outdoors in nature getting plenty of vitamin D, making sure you're always moving/exercising? A daily walk is a great way to de-stress.
4. Work on what you can control not what you can't. If we spend time on things we have no control over, we will just waste away our valuable summer days.
5. Write a list of all the activities that bring you happiness and in the summer this includes all outdoor activities. Make sure to add this list into your life. Having a mix of work, family and activities we love will give us balance this summer.
Recommended Stories For You
6. Accept the roller coaster ride — we will always have highs and lows. What comes up must come down. So, enjoy the highs — be in the moment! When things are low, remember it's only temporary.
7. Be positive. People who are optimistic can live up to 10 years longer then their negative counterparts. Plus, they live a happier, healthier and more successful life (remember, success is how you define it).
8. Take mini beaks this summer. Even if all you can do is 15 minutes a day, take it. Every time we take a break (no matter how small) we refresh, refuel and come back more productive and creative.
9. Learn meditation. It causes positivity, healing and reduces stress naturally. Go to YouTube and find a selection of guided meditations.
10. Be your true authentic self this summer. Make this summer about being honest to yourself and others. You cannot have true relationships if you don't have an honest one with yourself.
ABOUT DIANE LANG
Diane Lang, Positive Living Expert and psychotherapist, is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct professor at Montclair State University.
Lang is a monthly contributor for "Family Beautiful" magazine, a weekly columnist for MommyTalk.com, a regular featured expert on the "Expat Show" broadcast weekly on the New York ABC affiliate WTBQ-AM, and a Blogger at http://www.pazoo.com. Diane is also the author of two books: "Baby Steps: The Path from Motherhood to Career" and "Creating Balance and Finding Happiness."