Truckee Police logs, Dec. 3-17
January 2, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department`s press log for Dec. 3-17, along with previously unreported incidents.
• An intoxicated person was on the front porch of a residence on Martis Valley Road. He woke up , and the occupants who confronted him called the police. The subject was found to be too intoxicated to care for his own safety and he was arrested and booked for public intoxication.
• A report was taken for non-injury vehicle accident. Report taken for information only.
• Officers responded to an accident on Brockway Road. A vehicle lost control and hit another vehicle traveling the opposite direction. One of the drivers was taken to the hospital.
• A vehicle slid off the icy roadway and struck a tree. A second vehicle was unable to stop for the braking cars, swerved and struck the first vehicle. 0ne of the drivers sustained minor injuries.
• A subject came in the Truckee Police Department to pick up an item. Subject had misdemeanor warrant and was arrested.
• A report was taken after the fact non-injury vehicle accident.
• Store security took a subject into custody for shoplifting. The subject was cited and released at the store.
• A subject was causing a disturbance at a gas station on Deerfield Drive. The subject was located across the street. The subject was under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
• Reporting party reported an unknown person hit her vehicle while she was at work. An accident report was taken.
• Anonymous caller reported a possible DUI driver leaving downtown. A vehicle matching the description was located, and it also had a headlight out. The vehicle was stopped and the driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Reporting party reports a man dropped off a gift for her. The unwanted gift was a bunch of miscellaneous items. Report was taken and the gift was given to Truckee Police Department.
• A single vehicle was involved in a collision on a Town of Truckee maintained roadway.
• A subject turned in an iPhone he found at Safeway.
• Report taken for missing satellite dish part on Skislope Way.
• An abandoned vehicle was on Skislope Way buried in snow, partially in the roadway blocking a driveway. Vehicle was towed.
• A mother and an adult daughter who live together on Skislope both claimed abuse from one another. No prosecution was desired.
• A vehicle was towed for parking on a town roadway for violating a municipal ordinance.
• Officers responded to the hospital for a report of an unruly patient. This report is for information only.
• The victim of a vehicle burglary contacted the Truckee Police Department to file a report. An unknown person shattered the window to her vehicle and took her purse.
• Officers reported a non-injury collision during a lane closure.
• Officers responded to a report of two suspicious subjects behind a business on River Park. An investigation resulted in both subjects being arrested and booked into Truckee Jail.
• Reporting party stated her ex boyfriend came to her residence last Thursday night without permission. A physical altercation occurred. The reporting party wanted information regarding protective orders.
• Officers responded to a disturbance at a residence on Martis Valley Road. Officers located the person causing the disturbance in the parking lot. The individual was arrested and later released.
• An unknown suspect entered an unlocked apartment on Waters Way and stole two bottles of laundry soap.
• Victim reported unauthorized automated withdrawals from his checking account.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violation. The driver was found to have a local misdemeanor warrant. The driver was cited and released for the warrant.
• Officers responded to a report of a runaway juvenile on Crestview Drive. The juvenile was located and transported back to her parent.
• Alarm company reported an audio alarm was activated at a residence on South Shore Drive. Upon officer's arrival, home was found secured but attempts to force entry was discovered. The interior of the home was checked and no other signs of disturbance was found.
• Victim reported theft of cash from unlocked locker on Northwoods Boulevard.
• A subject was contacted and detained for disorderly conduct public intoxication.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a residence on Martis Valley Road after a report of a domestic disturbance. An investigation revealed only a verbal altercation had taken place.
• Officers located a vehicle that had been reported as driving recklessly. An investigation determined the driver of the vehicle was under the influence of alcohol. The driver was subsequently arrested and booked into Truckee Jail for DUI.
• Suspects were attempting to manufacture hashish oil in a residence on Estates Drive. Fumes from a butane container used to manufacture the hashish oil caused an explosion. Inside the residence was an infant who was not hurt. All four suspects were arrested for attempting to manufacture hashish oil and child endangerment.
• A subject on house arrest was returned to Nevada County Sheriff`s Office detention facility.
• A vehicle parked on Donner Pass Road, with registration expired in October 2006, was towed and stored.
• A vehicle parked on Donner Pass Road with registration expired in November 2010 was towed and stored.
Truckee Police Logs are published in the Sierra Sun as space is available, and as they are published online on the town of Truckee's website.