Truckee Police Logs: Oct. 8-14
Ryan Summerlin November 7, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Oct. 8-14, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to an overturned big rig truck. The big rig was found over turned on the north round-about of South Highway 89 at Highway 80. There were no injuries. A report was taken.
• Officers took a report of found narcotics on Donner Pass Road.
• A telephone report was taken for traffic complaint. The reporting party was a student; on his way to and from school, he had outgoing issues with tailgaters. The tailgaters follow him so closely that he ends up pulling off to the side of the road. The reporting party said this makes him very nervous and would like to request extra patrol in the area.
• Officers were dispatched to a local apartment complex on Estates Drive regarding assault. The victim requested a documentation report to be generated for future reference.
• Subject was causing disturbance with vehicles on Donner Pass Road. The subject stated he broke windows on Donner Pass Road. The damage was located and subject was arrested for vandalism and being intoxicated in public.
• Officers responded to a verbal disturbance call on Huntsman Leap. On subject was cited and released for an outstanding out-of-county warrant.
• Officers observed traffic violation. Police canine Trax detected the odor of contraband narcotics coming from the vehicle. Bulk of US currency was suspected of being involved in illegal drug trafficking and was seized.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was found to have suspended license. The driver was cited and released.
• Driver of a vehicle was arrested for DUI after a traffic enforcement stop was conducted on the vehicle for a vehicle code violation.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and was arrested for DUI.
• Reporting party found a package containing a bag with green leafy substance. The bag was booked for evidence.
• Officers responded to a report of a bear trapped inside a vehicle on Stuart Staithe. The owners of the vehicle could not be located, which resulted in officers breaking the vehicle’s window in order to release the bear.
• An unknown suspect vandalized victim’s vehicle by scratching two names in the paint of the vehicle.
• Suspect was witnessed entering two unlocked vehicles and attempting to enter two locked vehicles. Officers located a possible suspect who became physically resistive with officers. Witnesses positively identified the suspect. The suspect was booked in Nevada County Jail.