Truckee Police Logs, Sept. 3-16
Ryan Summerlin October 3, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Sept. 3-16, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Reporting party reported a juvenile child had been withheld by other parent in violation of valid court order. The incident occurred on Waters Way.
• A vehicle was seen driving backward down roadway causing traffic-related issues. Traffic enforcement stop was initiated and the driver was found to be unlicensed. The driver was cited and the vehicle was towed.
• Reporting party reported theft of medication and medical supplies from the local hospital. Upon further investigation, the responsible party was ID’d, interviewed and subsequently arrested. The stolen items were recovered.
• Vehicle was involved in a traffic collision in a parking lot on Palisades Drive. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers reported non-injury, two-vehicle DUI collision on Palisades Drive. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Reporting party came to the Police Department to report a fraudulent check scheme.
• Citizen came to the department to report a vehicle accident that occurred a few weeks ago. Report was taken for information only.
• Employee took diamond ring that belonged to another employee. Security camera showed the events. The subject was arrested and item was returned to owner.
• Reporting party called police to report a domestic violence incident between her and her estranged husband. Upon further investigation, the husband was found to be the primary aggressor and was subsequently arrested. The subject was booked without further incident.
• Officers took a report of a stolen mountain bike from a local bike rental shop by unknown suspects. The theft occurred on Alder Creek Road.
• An unknown person stole student’s iPhone on Alder Creek Road.
• Officers received a suspected child abuse report. Investigation revealed a 5-year-old threw a rock at an 8-year-old approximately a year ago. Child abuse was unfounded.
• A vehicle struck the arm of a train crossing signal near Bridge Street and Donner Pass Road.
• Wallet was left in an unlocked vehicle for two days on Donner Pass Road. It was unknown if the wallet was taken from the vehicle or lost elsewhere.
• Reporting party from Santa Cruz called in a verbal argument between son and his girlfriend. Both parties were separated for the night.
• Officers responded to a report of a man claiming his significant other was attempting to throw him from a moving vehicle. Both parties were contacted and investigation determined the situation to be a verbal dispute only. Report was taken for information only.
• Officers reported a verbal public disturbance, which resulted in a report to be sent to district attorney for review.
• Victim reported her vehicle has been egged the past three consecutive nights. The incident occurred on Waters Way. There is no suspect information.
• Officers received a report of a distraught female seeking help from homeowners at their residence on Dogwood Road. The homeowners did not know the female. Officers contacted the female and it was determined she has been drinking. She was transported back to her hotel room.
• Unknown subject siphoned gas from a vehicle parked in a parking lot on West River Street.
• A subject reported a lost of identification card.
• Officers were waived down by passing motorist and notified of an unconscious male on Deerfield Drive. The male was eventually transported to the hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
• A subject reported lost cellphone in a local grocery store on Donner Pass Road.
• A juvenile was found to be in possession of concentrated marijuana on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was cited and released to his parent.
• Victim reported theft of medication and cash from her residence on Palisades Drive.
• Multiple juveniles were seen smoking marijuana in the park. When the juveniles were contacted, majority of them ran from the officers. Most of them were contacted and subsequently cited for various charges.
• Suspect was arrested by Placer County on Water Ways for failure to register as a sex registrant.
• Reporting party saw his residence in an ad for rent. The reporting party believes the suspect is attempting to rent his residence to an unsuspecting victim in an attempt to commit fraud. The house is located on Ramshorn Street. The case was documented and forwarded to investigations for review.
• Victim left her tablet computer on a table at a business on Donner Pass Road. She ordered food and when she returned the tablet was not there. The case was suspended due to lack of suspect information.
• Reporting party contacted law enforcement after discovering a suspicious male in an enclosed bus shelter. The male was contacted and he was determined to be an-out of-compliant sex registrant and was arrested.
• Reporting party reported stolen property from the exterior of her house located on Zermatt Drive.
• Victim claimed an unknown subject utilized a black marking pen and wrote profanity on his vehicle. Victim requested the incident to be documented.
• Officers took a report of a lost wallet.
• Suspect was arrested for vehicle theft. Suspect used victim’s vehicle without permission on two occasions causing damage to the vehicle.
• A juvenile made a statement that concerned school personnel. School official conducted a meeting with administrative person and law enforcement. The student was suspended and a proper support plan is in effect.
• Officers arrested a suspect for an active felony charge. During a search pursuant to arrest and probation terms, officer located a container containing a white powder, testing presumptive positive for cocaine. The suspect was charged with two additional charges for possessing of a controlled substance and probation violation.
• Citizen turned in a cellphone he found on public pier on Donner Lake after he attempted to return it to the owner. The phone was booked into property for safekeeping because officers were unable to locate or contact the owner. Victim, who lives in Red Bluff, reported receiving a threatening phone call from his son who he believes was in Truckee. Victim’s son was contacted and victim preferred the report to be documented as informational only.
• Officers contacted a motorist sleeping inside of an illegally parked vehicle. An investigation determined the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver became uncooperative and was subsequently arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest.
• Reporting party reported graffiti to the rear of their business on Donner Pass Road. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the entire alley had been vandalized.
• Officers took a report of theft out of a locked vehicle on Donner Pass Road. Wallet was stolen and credit cards were used in various locations.
• Officers responded to a report of juvenile claiming her father had assaulted her. An investigation determined the claim was unfounded. Report was taken for information.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation on Donner Pass Road and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• A subject provided a minor with alcohol. During a stop for the violation it was discovered the subject had a pipe on him commonly used to smoke methamphetamine. The subject was also under the influence of controlled substance. The subject was arrested and booked for various charges.
• Officers responded to a report of a cold battery between the reporting party and his brother in-law. An investigation resulted in the brother-in-law being cited and released for misdemeanor battery.
• A single vehicle struck a steel plate in the roadway that had become dislodged from a sewer line.
• Homeowner found several juveniles around his parents’ residence on Tundra Drive. Juveniles fled and possibly left two bicycles.
• Subject attempted to hit two other subjects with a ski pole. The information was forwarded to District Attorney’s office.
• Two subjects in a dating relationship with a child in common got into a verbal confrontation. Report was taken for documentation only.
• Vehicle stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Vehicle stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI and driving without a driver’s license.
• Officers contacted a victim of an identity theft case. The victim was notified by her bank that her social security number was used to open an account. Report was taken.