1 month later, Tahoe suspicious death investigation continues
January 27, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — One month after a man’s body was found outside his Lake Tahoe home, detectives remain tight-lipped about details.
“We don’t have much new to report,” Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Bob Harmon said Tuesday. “We are still moving forward with the investigation.”
Deputies found the body of Christopher Elliott, 46, on his front porch at about 4 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 22, at the 900 block of Northwood Boulevard.
The death is suspicious, although “it does not appear as if a firearm or cutting device was involved,” officials said in a statement.
Detectives were reportedly seeking a person of interest, described as a white male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and shorts who received a ride from the 7-Eleven to a location on College Drive at about 11 p.m. on Dec. 21.
“We still do have a person of interest. However, no arrests have been made,” Harmon said Tuesday. “Citizens have nothing to fear at this point … there is no threat to public safety related to this incident.”
Anyone with information should contact the WCSO Detective Division at 775-328-3320 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Election 2016: Marijuana ballot measure inflames passions in Nevada County
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports