Body of missing Truckee business owner, 49, found
August 12, 2014
TUESDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE:
The Placer County Sheriff’s Office helicopter, Falcon 30, located Nunez’s vehicle on Sunday at 11:35 a.m., in the Boca/Verdi Peak area of Nevada County.
According to a statement from PCSO, a coordinated effort between Placer and Nevada counties resulted in Nunez’s body being located Monday in an area approximately 100 yards from his vehicle.
As of Tuesday afternoon, his family had been notified, according to PCSO.
The cause of death is currently under investigation by the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
The original story is below:
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public’s assistance in locating a missing Truckee man.
Detectives received information from family members that Eusebio Nunez, 49, was last seen leaving his home on July 25 at about 8:30 a.m., according to the department.
PCSO Det. John Riella said it’s believed Nunez was last seen at a local Truckee bank at about 10 a.m. that day.
He was last seen wearing gray dress pants and a blue shirt, Riella said. He is described as 6 feet tall and 175 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Nunez, a Placer County resident in Truckee, owns a check cashing and money wire transfer business called DGO Sin Froterras, located at 10242 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
“DGO” stands for “Durango,” which is Nunez’s home state in Mexico, Riella said.
Nunez was driving a gray 2001 Honda CRV, California license plate 7BDN819. Anyone who may have seen Nunez or his vehicle is urged to contact the North Lake Tahoe PCSO station at 530-581-6330, or the Investigations Division at 530-581-6321.
“We’re seeking the public’s help because we don’t have any true leads to follow up on at this point,” Riella said.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes