Chief’s Corner: Wildfire protection plan meeting is Sunday
March 19, 2014
EDITOR’S NOTE: “Chief’s Corner” is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
As we talked about last week, we’d like to remind and encourage our community members to attend our upcoming Community Wildfire Protection Plan — your input makes a difference!
NLTFPD is updating your community’s Wildfire Protection Plan. A Community Wildfire Protection Plan evaluates wildfire risk and determines prioritized actions a community can take to address that risk.
The more actions a community takes, the more fire adapted it becomes, and the more likely homes and property will be protected during a wildfire.
Join us at Incline Station (863 Tanager St.) on Sunday, March 23, at 11 a.m. to help us evaluate our progress toward becoming a Fire Adapted Community, and to provide your neighborhood’s perspective on how we can work together to protect communities and safeguard the exceptional natural resources of Lake Tahoe.
Lunch will be provided. To RSVP, please visit http://www.nltfpd.net or call 775-833-8129.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: Marijuana ballot measure inflames passions in Nevada County
- Uber revving up service on both sides of Lake Tahoe; not everyone on board
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)