Chief’s Corner: Wildfire protection plan meeting is Sunday
Ryan Summerlin March 19, 2014
EDITOR’S NOTE: “Chief’s Corner” is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
As we talked about last week, we’d like to remind and encourage our community members to attend our upcoming Community Wildfire Protection Plan — your input makes a difference!
NLTFPD is updating your community’s Wildfire Protection Plan. A Community Wildfire Protection Plan evaluates wildfire risk and determines prioritized actions a community can take to address that risk.
The more actions a community takes, the more fire adapted it becomes, and the more likely homes and property will be protected during a wildfire.
Join us at Incline Station (863 Tanager St.) on Sunday, March 23, at 11 a.m. to help us evaluate our progress toward becoming a Fire Adapted Community, and to provide your neighborhood’s perspective on how we can work together to protect communities and safeguard the exceptional natural resources of Lake Tahoe.
Lunch will be provided. To RSVP, please visit www.nltfpd.net or call 775-833-8129.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Uber revving up service on both sides of Lake Tahoe; not everyone on board
- Tahoe Unleashed Dog Park opens to much community satisfaction
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Man, 51, dies after being trapped under ATV in Prosser Reservoir (updated)
- Truckee man hurt after truck plunges 175 feet off freeway into river (updated)
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000