Faith Factor | North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation to host 2nd Night Passover Mountain Seder
March 30, 2014
Join North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation (NTHC) on Tuesday, April 15, for their annual 2nd Night Passover Mountain Seder at Granlibakken Resort Tahoe City.
Seating begins at 5:30 p.m. with services begin promptly at 6 p.m.
Seder traditions and rituals will be presented by Rabbi Beth Beyer. A full multi-course Passover dinner with appropriate dinner and ceremonial wines will be served.
Cost is adults $60; students 5 to12 $25; no charge for children under 5.
At Passover (Pesach), Jew tells the story of the Exodus from Egypt of the Israel slaves from the Pharaoh. God instructs Moses to go to Pharaoh and tell him “Let my people go.” When the Pharaoh refuses, 10 plagues are brought upon the Egyptians. During the last plaque, the Slaying of the Firstborn, the Israelite children were “passed over.” After these plagues, Pharaoh agreed and the Israelites were set free.
NTHC’s Seder includes the reading of the Haggadah including the Four Questions, searching for the Afikoman, and all the typical Passover foods including Matzah (unleavened bread), Charoset (symbolizing mortar used by the Jew in building during their slavery) and Maror (horseradish).
All are welcome to this family friendly event!
North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation is located at 7000 Latone Ave. in Tahoe Vista, with Shabbat Services weekly each Friday at 7 p.m., often with a potluck before services or dairy Oneg following. Check the calendar at http://www.tahoetemple.org.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: Marijuana ballot measure inflames passions in Nevada County
- Uber revving up service on both sides of Lake Tahoe; not everyone on board
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens