Faith Factor | North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation to host 2nd Night Passover Mountain Seder
Ryan Summerlin March 30, 2014
Join North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation (NTHC) on Tuesday, April 15, for their annual 2nd Night Passover Mountain Seder at Granlibakken Resort Tahoe City.
Seating begins at 5:30 p.m. with services begin promptly at 6 p.m.
Seder traditions and rituals will be presented by Rabbi Beth Beyer. A full multi-course Passover dinner with appropriate dinner and ceremonial wines will be served.
Cost is adults $60; students 5 to12 $25; no charge for children under 5.
Please make reservations by April 10 to Ernie Grossman at 530-550-0570, email@example.com or Rose Orenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Major credit cards accepted.
At Passover (Pesach), Jew tells the story of the Exodus from Egypt of the Israel slaves from the Pharaoh. God instructs Moses to go to Pharaoh and tell him “Let my people go.” When the Pharaoh refuses, 10 plagues are brought upon the Egyptians. During the last plaque, the Slaying of the Firstborn, the Israelite children were “passed over.” After these plagues, Pharaoh agreed and the Israelites were set free.
NTHC’s Seder includes the reading of the Haggadah including the Four Questions, searching for the Afikoman, and all the typical Passover foods including Matzah (unleavened bread), Charoset (symbolizing mortar used by the Jew in building during their slavery) and Maror (horseradish).
All are welcome to this family friendly event!
North Tahoe Hebrew Congregation is located at 7000 Latone Ave. in Tahoe Vista, with Shabbat Services weekly each Friday at 7 p.m., often with a potluck before services or dairy Oneg following. Check the calendar at www.tahoetemple.org.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Uber revving up service on both sides of Lake Tahoe; not everyone on board
- Tahoe snowfall already tops all of 2014-15 winter; provides economic boost
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Election 2016: Truckee, Nevada Co. voters reject marijuana Measure W
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days