Man, 67, dies in skiing accident Sunday at Tahoe
April 7, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A Southern California man died in an apparent accident Sunday at Northstar California, officials said.
Marc L. Coleman, 67, of Van Nuys, Calif., was pronounced dead at the scene after suffering injuries in a “traumatic ski accident,” according to a Placer County Sheriff’s Office statement late Sunday.
North Tahoe Fire Protection District personnel and PCSO deputies responded to the resort to assist ski patrol at about 11:30 a.m.
Further lifesaving efforts from the Northstar Fire Department and a Care Flight helicopter crew were unsuccessful.
The incident occurred shortly before 11 a.m. on the Rail Splitter advanced ski trail, according to a statement from Northstar.
“Deputy coroners on scene determined this to be an apparent accidental ski death, although an autopsy may be pending,” according to the PCSO statement.
Coleman was wearing a helmet. Northstar did not release further details of the incident.
“The resort acknowledges and thanks Care Flight and the Northstar Fire Department for their assistance,” resort officials said. “Northstar Resort, Northstar Ski Patrol and the Vail Resorts Family extend their deepest sympathy and support to the family and friends of the man.”
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Uber revving up service on both sides of Lake Tahoe; not everyone on board
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)