Section of Truckee River Bike Trail to close starting Monday
September 25, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — A portion of the Truckee River Bike Trail between Alpine Meadows Road and Fir Crags Road will be closed starting Monday.
It’s a safety precaution in response to Tahoe-Truckee Sanitation Agency working to rehab a sewer main along the river corridor, officials said.
For those traveling between Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows Road, a temporary bike path detour will be provided.
For those traveling between Tahoe City and Alpine Meadows Road, a free shuttle will be provided around the work zone, operating during daylight hours weather permitting.
The bike path segment will be closed until Nov. 15.
Questions and concerns should be directed to T-TSA by calling 530-587-2525.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space