Truckee Police Logs, Dec. 31-Jan. 8
January 23, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Dec. 31 to Jan. 8, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Over the counter report was taken for non-injury vehicle accident.
• Reporting party reported he found a passport next to his house on Skislope Way.
• Citizen reported found marijuana on Donner Pass Road. Marijuana was booked for destruction.
• Officers responded to a report of 8-9 males screaming on Pioneer Trail. Upon arrival, officers located several males attempting to restrain one very drunk male. The drunk male was arrested with no charges pending.
• Officers stopped a driver for unsafe driving. The driver was arrested for DUI. Later determined to be under .08 and was released.
• Reporting party lost her passport downtown.
• Wallet was found on Donner Pass Road.
• Reporting party advised he found he found credit cards and other miscellaneous cards scattered on the street while he was riding his bike. The cards were returned to the owner and a courtesy report was written.
• Reporting party called police to report a possible stalking situation between her and an estranged acquaintance. Upon further investigation it was discovered that the suspect had stalked the reporting party in addition to telephoning her in an annoying and harassing manner.
• A man was a victim of identity theft. Report was taken for documentation.
• Patron at a restaurant on Bridge Street said she was assaulted by an employee.
• Officers responded to a residence for a report of a child custody dispute on Martis Valley Road. Parties reached a mutual agreement prior to the arrival of law enforcement. Report was taken for information only.
• Officers took a report of two vehicle non-injury traffic collision.
• A juvenile was found in possession of alcohol on Boreal Ridge Road. The juvenile was cited and released.
• Canine unit assisted Nevada County Sheriff`s Office with narcotics investigation resulting in found narcotics.
• A man lost his wallet on West End Beach and wanted a police report to document this incident.
• Reporting party called to report a verbal dispute heard next door on Huntsman Leap. Subject was contacted and refused orders by officers. Later was found to have a concealed weapon on his person and was arrested.
• Driver was stopped for a traffic violation. The driver had marijuana in her vehicle. Marijuana was seized and the driver was cited.
• Victim claimed money on gift cars was taken by employee at establishment on Donner Pass Road. An investigation revealed no crime was committed.
• Driver of swerving vehicle was reported and possible DUI. The vehicle was stopped and the driver was found to be unlicensed but not intoxicated. The driver was cited with Notice to Appear and the vehicle was towed.
• Traffic enforcement stop on a vehicle displaying no month or year registration and driving on the wrong side of roadway yielded a driver without a current license. The driver was issued a Notice to Appear, the vehicle was secured on scene and the driver proceeded on foot.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Election 2016: Marijuana ballot measure inflames passions in Nevada County
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports