Truckee police looking for man, 60, missing since March 28
April 7, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Authorities are seeking the public’s help in finding a local man who hasn’t been seen in a week.
Duane Colin, 60, of Truckee was reported missing by family members on March 28, according to the Truckee Police Department.
As of Friday, April 4, police have no leads on his whereabouts after checking his residence on the northwest end of Donner Lake, local hospitals and mental health facilities, TPD Capt. Rob Leftwich said.
Further, his vehicle has been parked in his driveway and hasn’t moved since he was reported missing.
“There are no indications of a crime at this point and no indication he’s missing or met his fate at the hands of another person,” Leftwich said Friday. “It’s strictly a missing person case at this point.”
Officers searched the shores of Donner Lake this week and deployed a boat Friday morning after detectives learned Colin placed a classified advertisement that published March 27 online through the Nevada Appeal, the Sierra Sun’s sister newspaper in Carson City, Leftwich said.
In the ad, Colin sought help locating a kayak he apparently left at a private beach on the lake’s west end.
“Earlier today we found what we believe is the same kayak … it was flooded and had been there quite a while,” Leftwich said. “The kayak is not in any way related to him missing. There is nothing to indicate he’s in the lake, just a coincidence.”
Family members also told police Colin likes to frequent the docks on Donner Lake.
Colin is at risk due to his age and the region’s cold temperatures, Lefwich said. Snow was falling in Truckee Friday afternoon, and temperatures are expected to dip below 25 degrees overnight, according to the National Weather Service.
Colin is described as 5 feet 11 inches tall, 170 pounds, with greying brown hair and grey eyes. Anyone with information should contact TPD at 530-550-2320.
Trending In: NewsLocal
- Election 2016: Ten IVGID trustee candidates sound off on district issues
- Election 2016: Washoe school board Seat G candidates sound off
- Election 2016: Horan, Morris, Dent take IVGID primary; Krasner beats Guinasso
- Election 2016: 10 file for 3 IVGID seats; NV primary is June 14
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump