10th annual Tahoe City Wine Walk highlights Solstice Festival
June 11, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe City Solstice Festival kicks off next week, featuring arts and culture, gourmet treats, historical walks, live music, and activities for the whole family.
"The Tahoe City Solstice Festival celebrates the beginning of summertime," said Stacie Lyans, Tahoe City Downtown Association's Executive Director.
The event's marquee event is the 10th annual Tahoe City Wine Walk, which is heralded as "the most fun one can have in Tahoe in one afternoon," according to TCDA.
The walk will offer more than two dozen tastings, featuring regional wines and snacks. The Solstice Festival also overlaps with the North Tahoe Plein Air Open, which invites artists of all levels to participate in painting sessions and showcases art for the general public.
Here is a list of Tahoe City Solstice Festival 2015 highlights. For details and a full schedule, visit VisitTahoeCity.com or call 530-583-3348:
Thursday, June 18: Farmers Market, Commons Beach, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., FoothillFarmersMarket.com
Recommended Stories For You
Friday, June 19: Solstice Sip 'n Shop, Trunk Show, 3 to 8 p.m., TahoeTrunkShow.com
Friday, June 19: North Tahoe Plein Air Open Gala at Dockside 700, 4 to 6 p.m., northtahoearts.com/plein_air.html
Friday, June 19: Solstice Stroll Classic Car Show, 6 to 8 p.m., VisitTahoeCity.com
Saturday, June 20: Solstice Paddle, 9 to 11:30 a.m., TahoeCityKayak.com
Saturday, June 20: North Tahoe Plein Air Open Painting Demonstrations, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., northtahoearts.com/plein_air.html
Saturday, June 20: Tahoe City Wine Walk, Noon to 4 p.m. TahoeCityWineWalk.com
Sunday, June 21: Concerts at Commons Beach featuring Groove Foundry and Montaña, 3 to 7 p.m., ConcertsatCommonsBeach.com
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee River Cohousing hosts Winter Bonfire
- ‘Fresh Tracks’ 5K Snowshoe Walk and Race coming Feb. 24
- Your Truckee Weekend — Top 10 you can’t miss: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations; photo walk
- Red, White and Tahoe Blue chairman Jim Smith resigns after 7 years
- Valentine’s Day: Checking in on the Lake Tahoe online dating scene
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra