7th annual Ullr Fest brings the party to North Lake Tahoe
January 20, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Ullr, the Norse god of winter and snow, has returned to Lake Tahoe.
"I got my horns stuck in the tropical sand for several seasons. I have since vowed to never partake in fruity drinks with mini umbrellas again. I had these wild dreams of huge snowfalls. (I dreamed of) huge powder days and skiing through snow laden trees in my warm fur coat. I missed you all here in Tahoe," Ullr said in a recent "statement" to the Diamond Peak Ski Education Foundation Party Planning Committee. "I am back and I am bringing Winter with me. Diamond Peak holds a very special place in my heart and this is where I want to celebrate my return."
With Ullr's return in mind, the Diamond Peak Ski Team is again hosting the seventh annual Ullr Fest this weekend in Incline Village.
The fun starts Thursday, Jan. 21, at Alibi Ale Works on Enterprise Street, where attendees will be able to try and read Ullr's hand in poker during a "speakeasy style" tournament, or play blackjack, with great prizes on tap.
The brewmasters at Alibi will also introduce a limited edition "ULLR Ale" just for the weekend's festivities.
The celebration continues Friday afternoon slopeside at Diamond Peak, featuring snowshoe cocktail races, live music, raffle, food and drink, highlighted by the Torchlight Parade at 5:30 p.m. and the Ullr Pub Party from 6-9 p.m. at the Diamond Peak Loft Bar.
Recommended Stories For You
Fun races and surprises will greet snow enthusiasts Saturday on mountain at Diamond Peak, where the annual Ullr Games takes place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Later, the signature Ullr Fest dinner, silent and live auction will take place from 6-10 p.m. at the Chateau in Incline Village.
For information on ULLRFest and Diamond Peak Ski Education Foundation, visit www.dpsef.org and like Facebook page, facebook.com/Diamond-Peak-Ski-Team-DPSEF.
Visit diamondpeak.com/events/details/ullr-fest to learn more about Ullr Fest.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Vietnam airman held captive nearly 8 years to be honored on Fourth of July
- Your Tahoe Weekend: A fun-filled Super Bowl weekend
- Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
- Explore Tahoe: Five must-do snowshoe hikes that offer fun, adventure
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million