Annual Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic set for Sunday in Incline
May 20, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Tahoe's Connection for Families will host its sixth annual Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic on Sunday, May 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Aspen Grove in Incline Village.
The event will take place rain or shine. Please note the back up location for wet weather is Incline Elementary School.
At this fun family event, kids and their teddy bears visit arts, crafts, game, and activity stations. This year's guests will enjoy Bear Birthday Party, Camping, Construction, Face Painting, Bear Salon, Bear Doctor and Dentist Check Ups, a bounce house, and much more!
"Tahoe Teddy Bear Picnic is a wonderful time for families with young children," TCF Founder and Director of Education Laurean Meyer said. "The children really enjoy the bear themed activities. Each year the time flies by for the children because they have such a blast!"
A $35 Bearific Ticket includes a teddy bear, TCF water bottle, drawstring backpack, lemonade, raffle tickets and more.
A $15 General Admission Ticket includes unlimited access to the bounce house and teddy bear themed booths and activities. Food will be available for purchase from local vendor Starkey's Food Truck, and the event will include music by Mark Sexton.
Recommended Stories For You
The Bear League, Tahoe Institute for Natural Science (TINS), Lake Tahoe School, Tahoe Expedition Academy, Realtor Grant C. Meyer, Truckee Pediatric Dentistry, Meyer Construction, Peanut Butter & Jellyfish, Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe, and Easel and Wine will be part of the activities.
In addition, many local families, businesses, and volunteers contribute to ensure the Teddy Bear Picnic's success.
"After attending the event the past two years, I have truly been moved by the power of our community coming together," shared Kim Holscher, TCF volunteer and chair of this year's event. "Currently I am overcome with gratitude as volunteers offer their time, and companies and families willingly sponsor or donate."
All proceeds from the event support Tahoe's Connection for Families, an Incline nonprofit that provides parenting education and early childhood development programs for families with infants and toddlers up to preschool.
This article was provided by Tahoe's Connection for Families. Visit tcfkids.com for more information, or call 775-832-8230.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate Christmas weekend in Truckee, Tahoe
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short