Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
September 2, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — After months of construction and years of planning, the brand-new Truckee Aquatic Center will open to the public on Monday, Sept. 5, Labor DAy.
Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District officials will host a Grand Opening Party at the center, located next to the Recreation Center at 8924 Donner Pass Road.
Tickets are on sale at the Main Office in the Recreation Center for $1 per person, with time slots of 10 a.m. to noon, 1-3 p.m., and 4-6 p.m. available.
"This party will be a chance for the public to tour our building, and for them to jump into the pool for the first time," according to the TDRPD.
The 26,000-square-foot Truckee Aquatic Center, a $9.2 million project, includes a 10-lane competition lap pool measuring 25 yards, as well as a warm-water pool with a temperature of 90 degrees.
The warm-water pool — serving senior fitness, those rehabbing from leg injuries and those learning to swim — features a beach-like entry, two lap lanes, a lazy river, a splash pad and two water slides, including a 12-foot spiral slide as well as an airplane-shaped slide for small children.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit tdrpd.org/facilities/community-pool.html to learn more about the aquatic center.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- Two Incline Village farmers markets open next week
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City