Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
September 2, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — After months of construction and years of planning, the brand-new Truckee Aquatic Center will open to the public on Monday, Sept. 5, Labor DAy.
Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District officials will host a Grand Opening Party at the center, located next to the Recreation Center at 8924 Donner Pass Road.
Tickets are on sale at the Main Office in the Recreation Center for $1 per person, with time slots of 10 a.m. to noon, 1-3 p.m., and 4-6 p.m. available.
"This party will be a chance for the public to tour our building, and for them to jump into the pool for the first time," according to the TDRPD.
The 26,000-square-foot Truckee Aquatic Center, a $9.2 million project, includes a 10-lane competition lap pool measuring 25 yards, as well as a warm-water pool with a temperature of 90 degrees.
The warm-water pool — serving senior fitness, those rehabbing from leg injuries and those learning to swim — features a beach-like entry, two lap lanes, a lazy river, a splash pad and two water slides, including a 12-foot spiral slide as well as an airplane-shaped slide for small children.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit tdrpd.org/facilities/community-pool.html to learn more about the aquatic center.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe