Crush it at the Tahoe City Grape Stomp
August 29, 2013
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe City Grape Stomp will pour into The Cobblestone on Friday, Sept. 6, 5 p.m. This unpredictable event came alive again in Tahoe City in 2012 through a partnership between Uncorked and the Tahoe City Downtown Association. Stomping teams will work to squeeze as much grape juice as they can in timed heats. The event promises to become a cornerstone of the Autumn Food & Wine Festival.
"The Tahoe City Grape Stomp is a crazy good time. Everyone had so much fun last year stomping and cheering that we just had to bring it back bigger and better this year. It's just one more reason to come play in Tahoe City," said Steve Hoch, executive director of the Tahoe City Downtown Association.
"Who knew that jumping around in a tub full of grapes could be so much fun? There's more than a little strategy involved, and teams try almost anything to fill measuring jugs higher than the competition," said Kali Kopley, co-owner of Uncorked.
Crush it with your friends: Get a team organized, pick a name, dress crazy, and simply show up. Individual stompers are welcome too — teams can be organized on the spot.
According to Hoch, the Tahoe City Grape Stomp is a "nutty, chaotic, crazy fun event."
Teams of four (or three) are encouraged to show up in their favorite stomping costumes for a sticky good time. Prizes include tickets to the Autumn Food & Wine Festival, a private "Meet The Winemaker" tasting at Uncorked, and entries in the new "Urban Iditarod" coming up Oct. 12 in Tahoe City.
Recommended Stories For You
Wineries participating include Fawnridge Winery and Vina Castellano.
Kendal and Lucas will provide live music and the ever-popular Ron Treabess will be back as the intrepid emcee.
Cost is $25 per person, which includes wine tasting, a commemorative glass and great music. Tickets may be purchased at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/449833.
For additional information, volunteer opportunities, or to become a member of the Tahoe City Downtown Association, visit VisitTahoeCity.com or call 530-583-3348.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Truckee Tahoe AirFair to support youth programs
- Action Water Sports of Incline Village takes guests for a catamaran sailing experience out of Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort
- Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke