Despite low water, 12th Truckee Duckee Derbee a grand success
June 22, 2015
ALPINE MEADOWS, Calif. — The 12th Annual Truckee Duckee Derbee, held June 7 at the River Ranch Lodge, relied on the best in human nature to give Mother Nature a helping hand.
With the Truckee River at an all-time low, Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe volunteers braved the waters and helped propel the rubber ducks across the pond.
Despite the level of the river, hundreds came out to enjoy the festivities which included The Derbee, the Dogz in Dudz contest, the new Chuck a Duck competition, live music, barbecue, silent auction and a raffle.
The annual event raised more than $3500 for the Humane Society. Visit hstt.org to learn more. Visit Facebook.com/amy.edgett.3 For a photo gallery from the Derbee.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee River Cohousing hosts Winter Bonfire
- ‘Fresh Tracks’ 5K Snowshoe Walk and Race coming Feb. 24
- Truckee Weekend: 10 things you can’t miss — Music at Moody’s; Crab and pasta feed
- Your Truckee Weekend — Top 10 you can’t miss: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations; photo walk
- Red, White and Tahoe Blue chairman Jim Smith resigns after 7 years
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra