Despite low water, 12th Truckee Duckee Derbee a grand success
June 22, 2015
ALPINE MEADOWS, Calif. — The 12th Annual Truckee Duckee Derbee, held June 7 at the River Ranch Lodge, relied on the best in human nature to give Mother Nature a helping hand.
With the Truckee River at an all-time low, Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe volunteers braved the waters and helped propel the rubber ducks across the pond.
Despite the level of the river, hundreds came out to enjoy the festivities which included The Derbee, the Dogz in Dudz contest, the new Chuck a Duck competition, live music, barbecue, silent auction and a raffle.
The annual event raised more than $3500 for the Humane Society. Visit hstt.org to learn more. Visit Facebook.com/amy.edgett.3 For a photo gallery from the Derbee.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate Christmas weekend in Truckee, Tahoe
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- Tahoe Top Five: Safety on the slopes paramount after epic storm
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)