Despite low water, 12th Truckee Duckee Derbee a grand success
June 22, 2015
ALPINE MEADOWS, Calif. — The 12th Annual Truckee Duckee Derbee, held June 7 at the River Ranch Lodge, relied on the best in human nature to give Mother Nature a helping hand.
With the Truckee River at an all-time low, Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe volunteers braved the waters and helped propel the rubber ducks across the pond.
Despite the level of the river, hundreds came out to enjoy the festivities which included The Derbee, the Dogz in Dudz contest, the new Chuck a Duck competition, live music, barbecue, silent auction and a raffle.
The annual event raised more than $3500 for the Humane Society. Visit hstt.org to learn more. Visit Facebook.com/amy.edgett.3 For a photo gallery from the Derbee.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Local youth bring “Shrek Jr. The Musical” to life at North Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe’s newest dog park to open Sunday; $6 rabies shots offered
- PHOTOS: Hundreds on hand for Incline Village Dog Days of Fall