Your Tahoe Weekend: Top 10 things you can’t miss this weekend
January 25, 2018
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Meet Your Maker: Local Food Craftsman Fair
On the last Friday of each month the Tahoe Food Hub Farm Shop will bring farmers and producers for locals to meet, sample food, enjoy shop specials, and live music.
Where: Tahoe Food Hub Farm Shop | 150 Alpine Meadows Road, Olympic Valley
When: Friday, Jan. 26 | 2-6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: Free event.
2. Roses are RAD Winter Film Festival
Mount Rose is calling for skiers and riders to submit video for a chance to be screened from Cargo in Reno's Whitney Peak Hotel. Submissions will be accepted through Thursday, Mar. 1.
Where: Film screening at Cargo, Whitney Peak Hotel | 255 N. Virginia St., Reno
When: Submissions accepted through Thursday, Mar. 1; Film screening on Friday, March 9.
Cost: Win cash and prizes.
3. "Eclectic Extravaganza" Pop-Up Dinner
Stella at the Cedar House Sport Hotel welcomes guests to savor a four-course gourmet meal featuring regional dishes from around the world with a modern twist.
Where: Stella at the Cedar House Sport Hotel | 10918 Brockway Road, Truckee
When: Friday, Jan. 26 | 6-9 p.m.
Cost: $97 per person plus tax & gratuity.
4. Full Moon Snowshoe Tours
During a 90-minute, ranger-led tour, guests will explore the Hellman-Ehrman estate on a snowshoe journey as they learn about Tahoe history.
Where: Sugar Pine Point State Park, Tahoma
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 | Beginner's clinic: 6:30 p.m., Tour: 7-8:30 p.m.
Cost: Adults: $30, Children 12 and under: $20.
5. Winterpalooza at Tahoe Donner Snowplay
Bring the entire family to celebrate winter and earn prizes for snow tube racing, snowman building contests, and sled races at Tahoe Donner.
Where: Tahoe Donner Snowplay | 12790 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 | 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Cost: Free event with fee to access Snowplay.
6. 17th Annual Spaghetti Dinner Bingo & Silent Auction
Support Sierra Senior Services largest annual fundraiser generating funds for Meals on Wheels and other crucial local resources. Enjoy a fun night of spaghetti, bingo, a silent auction, and great company.
Where: Truckee Donner Recreation & Parks District | 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 | Doors: 5 p.m., Dinner: 6 p.m., Bingo: 7 p.m.
Cost: $30 in advance, $35 at the door.
7. Dirty Revival Concert
The Portland band Dirty Revival will bring their signature original soulful sounds to the Crystal Bay Club Casino on Saturday.
Where: Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room | 14 NV-28, Crystal Bay
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 | 10 p.m.
Cost: Free event.
8. Basic Welding and Fabrication Skills
Truckee Roundhouse hosts regular workshops teaching people how to safely master the basics of welding and fabrication.
Where: Truckee Roundhouse | 12116 Chandelle Wy. Suite. E3; Truckee Airport
When: Sunday, Jan. 28 | Noon-3 p.m.
Cost: $25 per person; or membership fee.
9. Art of Mixology
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, teaches guests to create classic pre-prohibition cocktails from Manzanita Bar.
Where: Manzanita Bar in The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe | 13031 Ritz-Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee
When: Sunday, Jan. 28 | 4-5 p.m.
Cost: $60 per person, age 21+ only.
10. $10 Pizza Sunday
Pizza on the Hill invites families to take out cheese, sausage and pepperoni pizzas for dinner on Fridays for just $10. Limit six per family.
Where: Pizza on the Hill |11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee
When: Sunday, Jan. 28 | 5-8:30 p.m.
Cost: $10 pizzas.
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at email@example.com, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Annual Brews, Jazz and Funk Fest returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- Tahoe Ten: Fireworks and other Labor Day Weekend events you can’t miss
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Westbound I-80, Route 89 lane closures
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- El Dorado sheriff deputy shoots into car to free trapped bear in South Lake Tahoe (VIDEO)