Git yer kicks at Truckee Pro Rodeo
August 15, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Git yer cowboy and cowgirl on at the Truckee Professional Rodeo (TPR), to be held Aug. 24 and 25 at the McIver Arena in Truckee.
The Truckee Rodeo Queen pageant is Aug. 17. Three contestants will compete for Queen: Rachel Stalk, Lauren Huseby, and Jacque Shipman. The contestants will perform a horsemanship test at the McIVer Arena, starting at 9:30 a.m., and then move to the Hampton Inn & Suites for interviews, speeches, and modeling. The Queen will be announced later that afternoon.
Take the young 'uns to TPR Kids Day, Aug. 23, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., held every year as a benefit for the community's youths. Kids Day is free to the public and full of fun events in which the kiddos may participate, including a hot dog lunch compliments of the Truckee Donner Junior Horsemen. Meet special rodeo celebrities and service agency representatives. Kids Day is supported by the Juniors and local volunteers.
The sponsor dinner and "Calf Decorating" will be held Friday, Aug. 23 at 5 p.m. All sponsors will be served dinner and are invited to participate in the evening event. TPR representatives will teach the sponsors how to dress a calf! Have you ever seen a Calf wearing shorts? Well, here's your chance. The public is invited to attend free of charge and may purchase a dinner for $20.
On Aug. 24, Saturday, catch the first Rodeo performance. Gates open at 3 p.m. and Rodeo begins at 5 p.m. On Aug. 25, Sunday, catch the second Rodeo performance. Gates open at 11 a.m. and the performance begins at 1 p.m. Please, no coolers!
Truckee Rodeo has added a new event, the "Calf Scramble." This event is open to a two-person team. Registration is required. The cost is $35 per team. In addition, there will be a "Boot Race" and "Mutton Bustin" (available for children 4 to 8) with limited space and cost is $35 per person.
Recommended Stories For You
Details, applications and tickets are available at http://www.truckeerodeo.org. Find tickets in town at the Sears Hometown Store in Truckee, the Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center and California Welcome Center in downtown Truckee.
For details, applications and tickets click here. Find tickets in town at the Sears Hometown Store in Truckee, the Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center and California Welcome Center in downtown Truckee.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Your Truckee Weekend — Top 10 you can’t miss: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations; photo walk
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- 50 years of St. Patrick’s: A long history of community service
- Contra-Tiempo dance takes stage April 27 at North Tahoe High
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges