Holiday festivities in North Lake Tahoe-Truckee
December 6, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe. Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Northern Lights Tahoe
Enjoy a festival of lights as communities display holiday decorations along Tahoe Boulevard and family friendly activities are hosted through the month of December.
Where: Incline Village and Crystal Bay
When: Through Dec. 31
Cost: Free event
Recommended Stories For You
2. Festive Fridays
Shop gifts for everyone on your wish list, participate in a scavenger hunt and enjoy complimentary parking through historic downtown Truckee.
Where: Historic downtown Truckee
When: Friday, Dec. 8 | Free parking 4-8 p.m.
Cost: Free event
3. Opening Day Tahoe Donner Downhill
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area will kick off their 2017-18 ski and ride season this Friday.
Where: Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area | 11603 Snowpeak Way, Truckee
When: Friday, Dec. 8 | 10 a.m.
Cost: Lift ticket or season pass required
4. Polyrhythmics Album Release Party
Celebrate, dance and be merry with Polyrhythmics from the Red Room at Crystal Bay Casino on Friday night.
Where: Crystal Bay Club Red Room | 14 NV-28, Crystal Bay, Nev.
When: Friday, Dec. 8 | 10 p.m.
5. Santa's Party
Celebrate the holidays with a full day of food, sledding, ice skating, arts and crafts, pictures with Santa, and more.
Where: Tahoe City Winter Sports Park |251 N Lake Blvd., Tahoe City
When: Saturday, Dec. 9 | 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: Free event.
6. Tahoe Flow Arts Holiday Bazaar
The fifth annual Tahoe Flow Arts holiday show features dance and movement workshops, yoga, artisan vendor booths, and more.
Where: Tahoe Art Haus & Cinema | 475 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City
When: Saturday, Dec. 9 | 11 a.m.
Cost: $25 pre-sale; $30 at the door; Free: kids 3 and under
7. Tahoe Adventure Film Festival
Heart-pumping action films featuring outdoor sports will play during the high-energy Film Festival celebration from MontBleu on Saturday night.
Where: MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa | 55 Hwy 50, Stateline, Nev.
When: Saturday, Dec. 9 | 7:30 p.m.
Cost: Tickets $22 – $27
8. SEASON OF PEACE
Ring in the holiday season with the Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus and the Christmas Time String Quartet during their 80-voice performance promoting peace.
Where: The Resort at Squaw Creek | 400 Squaw Creek Road, Olympic Valley
When: Saturday, Dec. 9, 7 p.m. | Sunday, Dec. 10, 2 p.m.
Cost: $20 general admission; $5 students 18 years old and younger
9. Walk With Me
Enjoy a film presentation, discussion and guided meditation based on the teachings of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh in pursuing happiness. The Yoga Room next door is offering a mindful flow to pair with the movie 2:30-3:30 p.m. for $12.
Where: Tahoe Art Haus Cinema | 475 N Lake Blvd., Tahoe City
When: Sunday, Dec. 10 | 4-6 p.m.
Cost: Adult: $12; Child: $10; Seniors: $11
10. Elves Workshop
Bring the kids to Truckee's Community Arts Center for a fun day making gifts. Enjoy a puppet play and story telling with food and drinks.
Where: Community Arts Center | 10046 Church St., Truckee
When: Sunday, Dec. 10 | 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Cost: $10 – $40
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at email@example.com, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Truckee Weekend: 10 things you can’t miss — Music at Moody’s; Crab and pasta feed
- Vietnam airman held captive nearly 8 years to be honored on Fourth of July
- Explore Tahoe: Five must-do snowshoe hikes that offer fun, adventure
- Truckee’s holiday tree to shine on Nov. 17
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe