In photos: Opening day of 2015-16 Lake Tahoe ski season at Mt. Rose
November 10, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — On Wednesday, the 2015-16 Lake Tahoe-Truckee ski season officially kicked off, with Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe being the first resort to open terrain, thanks to a small storm that provided about a foot of snow up top earlier this week.
The resort between Incline Village and Reno opened one trail and three terrain park features, accessed by the Flying Jenny Conveyor lift. Snowmaking operations remain under way, and more terrain will be opened as conditions permit.
Check out these photos provided by Mt. Rose from the resort's first day.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search