In photos: Opening day of 2015-16 Lake Tahoe ski season at Mt. Rose
November 10, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — On Wednesday, the 2015-16 Lake Tahoe-Truckee ski season officially kicked off, with Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe being the first resort to open terrain, thanks to a small storm that provided about a foot of snow up top earlier this week.
The resort between Incline Village and Reno opened one trail and three terrain park features, accessed by the Flying Jenny Conveyor lift. Snowmaking operations remain under way, and more terrain will be opened as conditions permit.
Check out these photos provided by Mt. Rose from the resort's first day.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- Destination Lake Tahoe: Check out these 6 scenic spots you can access by bike
- Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
- ‘Cowgirls and Cocktails’ to debut at Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center