Incline Community Snowshoe hike slated for March 4
February 25, 2016
There was a wonderful turnout for the Community Snowshoe event held on February 12 at Diamond Peak.
Ninety-one participants trekked up to Snowflake Lodge at Diamond Peak for great food from Wild Bill's, drinks, and of course hot chocolate and s'mores.
This award-winning event, lead by the Incline Village Parks & Recreation Department, encourages exercising in an inter-generational social setting for ages 9 and older and is part of the Community Health and Wellness Outreach Initiative.
The 1.5-mile (3 miles round trip) hike includes guides and exclusive after-hours access to Diamond Peak and Snowflake Lodge.
Aside from the hot chocolate and s'mores, there is light fare available for those who would like to purchase dinner at Snowflake Lodge.
Join us on Friday, March 4, for the next Community Snowshoe Hike. Register early because this event sells out fast.
Recommended Stories For You
Call 775-832-1310 to register. Visit bit.ly/1p5r81i for more information.
This article was submitted by the Incline Village General Improvement District. Visit ivgid.org to learn more.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)