Labor Day Weekend fireworks set for Sunday night at North Tahoe
September 2, 2016
CARNELIAN BAY, Calif. — Gar Woods Grill & Pier and The Monte Foundation will be hosting their fourth annual "Fireworks Spectacular" on Sunday, Sept. 4, at 8:30 p.m.
Residents and visitors are invited to sit front row on the action and watch the Labor Day Weekend sky light up above Lake Tahoe just off Gar Woods pier in Carnelian Bay.
The lakefront fireworks show will not only pay homage to the social and economic achievement of workers, but also will benefit North Tahoe-Truckee area sports programs.
In the last three years, this event has raised over $70,000 that went directly to funding local sports programs and they are out to break a record this year, according to Gar Woods.
Local high school athletes will also be out Sunday selling T-shirts and glow sticks on the beach that will contribute to the proceeds.
Guests can also leave a donation on their credit card, write a check or leave cash while dining at Gar Woods, Bar of America or Caliente this month — 100 percent of donations in September will go directly to sports programs in the Tahoe-Truckee area, thanks to the generosity of Tom Turner, who owns all three restaurants.
Recommended Stories For You
The Fireworks show is best viewed from Gar Woods Beach. If you plan to dine at Gar Woods Grill & Pier the night of the event, reservations are recommended in advance by calling 530-546-3366. Visit garwoods.com to learn more.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search