No water? No problem for Tahoe City’s River Ranch
June 18, 2015
The River Ranch's renowned patio bar and grill on the Truckee River Bike Path is officially open, and a new feature this year includes a "Biker's Pit Stop."
The stop will include water, bike maps, air, pumps and a biker workstation with all the necessities, according to a news release from the restaurant located at the base of Alpine Meadows Road, south of Squaw Valley, as well as lockable bike racks.
"With so many bike enthusiasts in the area, from hardcore road bikers, to those accessing the numerous mountain bike trails at our door step, as well as all the families enjoying a leisurely bike ride from Tahoe City to Squaw Valley, it just makes sense to have amenities right on the bike path as we are such a central hub," said River Ranch General Manager Rob Curtis. "We wanted to be an integral part in creating a better experience for those visiting Tahoe by making things easier by providing everything they need."
The River Ranch has also teamed with personnel with Tahoe Mountain Guides, who will run shuttles to popular locations for mountain bikers, leaving daily at set times. Guided tours will also be offered.
The River Ranch has a new dog-friendly patio, and this year, Doggie Date Nights will take place the last Sunday of the month during the summer season.
Recommended Stories For You
The biking pit stop will offer the area some summer recreation this year, considering the Truckee River won't offer floating and kayak torus due to the drought.
Aside from various dining specials, the restaurant will also offer a free Friday night music series, featuring local favorites George Souza, Jeff Jones and more.
"Our Friday Night Live free music series last year started to gain momentum and we thought a perfect addition would be a fun casual dinner option in conjunction with great music," Curtis said.
The River Ranch also now has a dog-friendly patio, and this year, Doggie Date Nights will take place the last Sunday of the month during the summer.
Visit riverranchlodge.com to learn more.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee River Cohousing hosts Winter Bonfire
- Truckee Weekend: 10 things you can’t miss — Music at Moody’s; Crab and pasta feed
- Truckee Sun’s picks for top events
- Your Truckee Weekend — Top 10 you can’t miss: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations; photo walk
- 7th annual Ullr Fest brings the party to North Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra