North Tahoe High senior Fashion Show a Project Grad benefit
May 28, 2013
TAHOE, Calif. — The annual fashion show continues a long-running tradition in which the seniors will be the stars of the show, walking the runway in amazing outfits from local clothing stores. This year's theme is "Hollywood!"
This event is the final fundraiser for Project Grad, which provides a safe and sober way for seniors to celebrate this great milestone. The show proceeds go toward the cost of the chaperons who will accompany them on their graduation trip to Disneyland, as well as the cost for every senior student's meal at the Senior Breakfast. This year the breakfast will be at Sunnyside Restaurant, the morning of graduation, and all family members are invited.
Part of the evening will include a silent auction/raffle, and refreshments, which the Senior families will have provided. Plan to attend and help these seniors enjoy their "last hurrah" before graduating North Tahoe High School.
Tickets can be purchased from the seniors themselves, or at The Store in Tahoe City. Adults are $15, and kids are $5 each. Raffle tickets will be available as well at $1 each or six for $5, with exciting prizes such as dinner for two at Manzanita in the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, and a three day, two night stay at the Tahoe Biltmore.
The event will take place at the NTHS Auditorium on Friday, May 31, 7 p.m.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate Christmas weekend in Truckee, Tahoe
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- The last event of its kind, the Reno National Championship Air Races, returns with more jaw-dropping races on Sept. 13-17
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film