North Tahoe women’s club fashion show raises $18,000
September 1, 2016
The Women's Club of North Tahoe, dedicated to philanthropic and social activities, hosted its annual Fashion Show on August 12 to a sold-out attendance.
The event, themed as "Fashions 'Round the Clock," was held at The Chateau in Incline Village and featured stylish contemporary fashions from local Lake Tahoe retailers, including Breathe and The Potlatch (both are in Incline Village) and Sidestreet Boutique, a trendy clothing retailer in South Lake Tahoe.
"This fundraiser has been our only source of revenue for many, many years," explains Cookie Steinberg, president of the organization. "We had nearly 200 attendees at this year's event and raised more than $18,000! It was one of the most successful events ever!
"These monies will go a long way to help our Incline Village schools fund special needs that would otherwise go unfunded and to help Incline High School graduating senior women pursue a higher education with scholarships."
Several Women's Club members, as well as some community participants, modeled the clothes.
The Women's Club of North Tahoe meets the third Monday of every other month, starting in January, at 12 Noon at various locations. For further information, contact Cookie Steinberg at 775-298-2665 or Millie Szerman at 775-833-3311.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl