North Tahoe women’s club fashion show raises $18,000
September 1, 2016
The Women's Club of North Tahoe, dedicated to philanthropic and social activities, hosted its annual Fashion Show on August 12 to a sold-out attendance.
The event, themed as "Fashions 'Round the Clock," was held at The Chateau in Incline Village and featured stylish contemporary fashions from local Lake Tahoe retailers, including Breathe and The Potlatch (both are in Incline Village) and Sidestreet Boutique, a trendy clothing retailer in South Lake Tahoe.
"This fundraiser has been our only source of revenue for many, many years," explains Cookie Steinberg, president of the organization. "We had nearly 200 attendees at this year's event and raised more than $18,000! It was one of the most successful events ever!
"These monies will go a long way to help our Incline Village schools fund special needs that would otherwise go unfunded and to help Incline High School graduating senior women pursue a higher education with scholarships."
Several Women's Club members, as well as some community participants, modeled the clothes.
The Women's Club of North Tahoe meets the third Monday of every other month, starting in January, at 12 Noon at various locations. For further information, contact Cookie Steinberg at 775-298-2665 or Millie Szerman at 775-833-3311.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- 50 years of St. Patrick’s: A long history of community service
- Sitting down with Incline Village volunteers from the 2016 Reno Rodeo
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit