PHOTOS: Hundreds on hand for Incline Village Dog Days of Fall
October 19, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The 2016 Dog Days of Fall at the Burnt Cedar Pool on Oct. 8 was, according to event organizer Micki Napp the "best ever!"
"We had 160 dogs and 340 people," Napp said. "Every year we have 8 contests with 2 prizes each for 'Winner' and 'Runner Up,' plus 'Best of Show.' But this year, because we had so many excellent and talented dogs, I gave away many more prizes."
Napp wants to thank a generous donation of toys from the Pet Network Humane Society in Incline Village, as lots of dogs and owners went home with awards.
"The community loved it! The crowd was more attentive and really got into the contests," she said. "People came way early to watch the action, and we had plenty of action with dogs catapulting themselves off the ramp and more than 12 ways across the pool."
The "Best of Show" dog for Dog Days of Fall 2016 was Nalu owned by Crystal Shuey.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Your Tahoe Weekend: A fun-filled Super Bowl weekend
- Vietnam airman held captive nearly 8 years to be honored on Fourth of July
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Nando Parrado, one of 16 ‘Miracle in the Andes’ survivors, to present next month at Lake Tahoe
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure