‘Shadows Across The Tracks’ theme of 2015 haunted Truckee tour
July 1, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The sixth annual Truckee Haunted Historic Tour this fall will have attendees nervously shifting in their boots with its exploration of the town's darker past.
This sellout event harkens back to days gone by when local law enforcement kept order on the streets — but just barely.
This year's tour takes place Oct. 15-16. Individual performances will take place at the host sponsor sites: Art Obsessions, Tonini House, Moonshine Ink, Moody's Bistro & Beats, Truckee Hotel, and Dark Horse Coffee Roasters.
And while the performances are kept under lock and key until showtime, we do know only brave souls will follow the Shadows Across The Tracks this year, where darkness and intrigue seem to lurk by the river's edge.
It is believed that a former constable still keeps watch on this street where anything goes.
Based on true events and steeped in historical fact, the Haunted Historic Tour brings the town's past to life, with embellishments that make the stories seem even more real.
Recommended Stories For You
Details will emerge on the tour's blog over the next few months, but attendees will have to wait for the evening's performances to unfold to fully satiate their curiosity.
Individual tickets for the Truckee Haunted Historic Tour went on sale starting July 1 and are restricted to those 21 and over. Tickets are $45 each and are timed tours that begin at 5 p.m. and run every 15 minutes through 8 p.m. VIP packages are available.
The Truckee Haunted Historic Tour is the original production created by Sunshine Tahoe as an immersive experience to celebrate the town's historic gems. Conceived to help raise funds for a handful of nonprofit organizations, the Haunted Historic Tour is now the signature fundraiser for Trails & Vistas, whose mission is to inspire community by celebrating the arts in nature.
The Historic Tour enables Trails & Vistas to produce a program of Art Hikes for local third grade students.
Visit truckeehistorytour.org for more information and to purchase tickets.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate Christmas weekend in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee Weekend: 10 things you can’t miss — Music at Moody’s; Crab and pasta feed
- 10th anniversary of Red, White and Tahoe Blue delights visitors and locals
- Annual Brews, Jazz and Funk Fest returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges