Tahoe City Wine Walk celebrating a decade of decadence
June 18, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe City Wine Walk will celebrate its 10th anniversary this weekend with a lineup of more than 30 wineries and 20 restaurants, numerous merchant discounts, live entertainment and a pre-event online Wine Walk Lodging Giveaway Contest.
The event features both big name wines and a growing list of boutique varietals, according to the Tahoe City Downtown Association.
And, new for 2015 are several award-winning wineries such as Cline Family Cellars and J Vineyards & Winery.
"Pairing fine wines with a majestic Lake Tahoe view is nothing short of sensational. That is one reason why we love to host the event in our town," said Stacie Lyans, TCDA executive director. "And this year the Wine Walk falls on a weekend filled with all types of activities, like human powered adventure sports' races, Plein Air painting events, a classic car show, and the first in a series of summer concerts at Commons Beach."
The Wine Walk takes place in downtown Tahoe City from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 20.
In addition to fine wines, the event includes micro brews, high-end spirits and non-alcoholic options. Also, restaurants and catering companies will sample gourmet bites, and quaint boutique shops will be open for perusing.
Recommended Stories For You
Indulge your senses and expand your palette with Fawn Ridge Winery, Hagafen Cellars, Skinner Vineyards and Winery, Renwood Winery, Common Cider Co., FiftyFifty Brewery, Tahoe Blue Vodka, Tahoe Teas, and Skinny Girl Wine Collection, among others.
The Wine Walk was originally started by a cadre of local volunteers with TCDA, and has grown from a few hundred participants to close to 1,000 annually.
A portion of the event proceeds is donated to TCDA, a organization that consists of local merchants, property owners, community associations, residents, professionals and contributors.
"This is one of the area's most popular events, and its organizers are truly dedicated to the enrichment of Tahoe City's social center and commercial core," Lyans said.
Tickets are $40 in advance, and $50 day of event — cash only on event day. A $20 designated driver ticket also is available on event day only.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Visit TahoeCityWineWalk.com to learn more.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truckee River Cohousing hosts Winter Bonfire
- ‘Fresh Tracks’ 5K Snowshoe Walk and Race coming Feb. 24
- Truckee Weekend: 10 things you can’t miss — Music at Moody’s; Crab and pasta feed
- Your Truckee Weekend — Top 10 you can’t miss: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations; photo walk
- Red, White and Tahoe Blue chairman Jim Smith resigns after 7 years
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra