Truckee carnival begins Wednesday, benefits Tahoe nonprofit
August 9, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Once again, the California Carnival Company is teaming up with Tahoe's Connection for Families this week host a fun-filled family carnival starting Wednesday, Aug. 10, through Sunday, Aug. 14.
Rides, games, food and more will be part of the carnival at the Truckee River Regional Park, in the Truckee Rodeo parking lot.
The California Carnival gives a portion of its proceeds to Tahoe's Connections for Families, which provides families with the building blocks to develop their young children's individual potential and future success through education and structured developmental play.
The nonprofit is based Incline Village and serves families and children through the preschool ages across the North Tahoe region.
Hours for the carnival as follows: Wednesday, 5-10 p.m.; Thursday, 4-10 p.m.; Friday, 4-11 p.m.; Saturday, noon to 11 p.m.; and Sunday, noon to 10 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at Tahoe's Connection for Families, The Potlatch in Incline Village, and Safeway in Truckee. For tickets and more information, visit tcfkids.org or call 775-832-8230.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- Your Tahoe Weekend: Celebrate Christmas weekend in Truckee, Tahoe
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- The last event of its kind, the Reno National Championship Air Races, returns with more jaw-dropping races on Sept. 13-17
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film