Two Incline Village farmers markets open next week
May 26, 2016
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Farmers market season is ready to make its annual return to Lake Tahoe. In Incline Village, there are two markets, taking place Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The Tunnel Creek Stations Farmers Market kicks off for the 2016 summer season beginning Wednesday, June 1, next to Tunnel Creek Café, at 1115 Tunnel Creek Road on the east end of town, next to the old Ponderosa Ranch
The market will be open every Wednesday all summer from 4-7 p.m.
"Come and shop for delicious, organic and locally grown fruits, vegetables, nuts and berries, as well as baked goods, locally made soaps, crafts, clothing, etc.," according to a press release for the market. "Tunnel Creek Café will also offer food and drink specials, and local music provided for your listening pleasure."
To learn more about the farmers market, contact Craig and Liz Olson of Tunnel Creek Properties at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday market moves to new location
Recommended Stories For You
When the Incline Village Farmers Market opens its fourth season, it will be in a new location at Lake Tahoe School, located at 995 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
Opening Thursday, June 2, the market will feature "local and regional organic and natural farms with a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as a local beef vendor, fresh seafood, olive oils, nuts, baked goods and local artisans and crafters," Jill Rozier of Lake Tahoe Markets said in a news release.
The market will be open every Thursday this summer from 4-7 p.m.
"Coming this season, Lake Tahoe Markets and its farmers have joined together to offer Electronic Benefits Transfer transactions, allowing families to purchase farm-fresh seasonal produce as part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program at all of Lake Tahoe Markets' Farmers Market locations and into the Winter Market Box program," Rozier said.
Visit laketahoemarkets.com to learn more about the Incline Village Farmers Market and other markets in the region.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- Two Incline Village farmers markets open next week
- Destination Lake Tahoe: Check out these 6 scenic spots you can access by bike
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City