Your Tahoe Weekend: DeadPhish Orchestra, ‘A Bear Affair’ & more
June 23, 2016
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email reporter Kaleb M. Roedel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. 'A Bear Affair' at Sugar Pine Point State Park
"A Bear Affair" — a presentation about the California black bear — will take place Saturday at Sugar Pine Point State Park. Bear claws, juice and coffee will be served overlooking Lake Tahoe on the front lawn of the park's Children's House while black bear biologist Brian Barton displays bear artifacts and facilitates an informative and interactive presentation.
When: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, June 25
Where: Sugar Pine Point State Park, Tahoma
Recommended Stories For You
2. Cobblestone 50th Anniversary Party
This Saturday, June 25, The Cobblestone shopping center in Tahoe City is celebrating 50 years with an anniversary party. Come on down to the Cobblestone Parking lot to enjoy wine, beer, food, fun and games and, if you are so inclined, dig up your best '60s attire to add that special touch to the festivities.
When: 1-5 p.m. Saturday, June 25
Where: Cobblestone Center, Tahoe City
Cost: Free to attend
3. Washoe Meadows Wildflower Hike
Local wildflower expert Lisa Berry will guide an easy one-mile hike through Washoe Meadows State Park, where wildflowers like the Sundew, Ladie's Tresses and Hairy Paintbrush are in bloom. Make sure to bring your camera and sunscreen.
When: 10 a.m. Sunday, June 26
Where: Washoe Meadows State Park, South Lake Tahoe
More info: Email email@example.com or call 530-583-9911 to reserve your spot.
4. DeadPhish Orchestra at Moe's Original BBQ
DeadPhish Orchestra, a tribute band of the Grateful Dead and Phish, will bring their unique presentation of cover songs to the West Shore for a performance at Moe's Original BBQ.
When: 8 p.m. Sunday, June 26
Where: Moe's Original BBQ, Tahoe City
5. Tuck Wilson at Marg's Taco Bistro
Tuck Wilson, a Lake Tahoe-based singer-songwriter, will bring his smooth tenor voice and clean, sophisticated guitar work to downtown Truckee for a free show Sunday afternoon at Marg's Taco Bistro.
When: 2-5 p.m. Sunday, June 26
Where: Marg's Taco Bistro, Truckee
6. Doobie Decimal System at Tahoe City
Jason Crosby (Robert Randolph & Susan Tedeschi) and Roger McNamee (Moonalice) have formed a duo, Doobie Decibel System, which boasts everything from original and classic psychedelic to acoustics with tight harmony, and they perform at the famous Concerts at Commons Beach Sunday to cap your weekend.
When: 4-7 p.m. Sunday, June 26
Where: Commons Beach, Tahoe City
7. The Wrinkle at Music on the Beach
Kings Beach-based bluegrass band The Wrinkle will play a hometown show Friday as the featured act of Music on the Beach at Kings Beach State Park Recreation Area. Sierra Nevada Brewing Company beer, 14 Hands wine, soda and food will be available for purchase.
When: 6-9 p.m. Friday, June 24
Where: Kings Beach State Park Recreation Area
8. Sheldon Felich and Stephanie Weatherford at Cottonwood
Folk rock duo Sheldon Felich and Stephanie Weatherford will perform the music of legendary singer-songwriter Dan Fogelberg — best known for his early 1980s hits "Longer," "Leader of the Band" and "Same Old Lang Syne" — on Friday in Truckee.
When: 6 p.m. Friday, June 24
Where: Cottonwood Restaurant & Bar, Truckee
9. Lake Tahoe Boat Show, Brew Fest
The inaugural Lake Tahoe Boat Show, which will feature 2016 watercrafts from a variety of manufacturers, will be held all weekend at South Lake Tahoe. In addition, on Saturday, the South Lake Tahoe Yacht Club will host a Brew Fest in conjunction with the boat show, featuring a slew of local breweries.
When: Friday-Sunday, June 24-26
Where: Tahoe Keys Village
Cost: Boat show is free; Brew Fest is $20
10. Tahoe Games Bike Night at Lake Tahoe Golf Course
Tahoe Games Bike Nights return to Lake Tahoe Golf Course Friday. The cross-country races feature illuminated pedaling across varied terrain at the course. The course will be designed for ages 10 and up to enjoy on any top of non-motorized bicycle.
When: 7 p.m. Friday, June 24
Where: Lake Tahoe Golf Course, South Lake Tahoe
Cost: $20 adults; free for spectators
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Brand-new $9.2 million Truckee Aquatic Center to open Monday
- Tahoe Top Five: Safety on the slopes paramount after epic storm
- Valentine’s Day: Checking in on the Lake Tahoe online dating scene
- Hot springs around Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Kings Beach community celebrates Dia de los Muertos
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall