Your Tahoe Weekend: Devon Allman Band, Hops for Huskies & more!
August 5, 2016
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email reporter Kaleb M. Roedel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Miner at Crystal Bay Casino
Los Angeles-based folk rock band Miner, playing in support of its sophomore album "Tuanaki," will bring its expansive, boot-stomping sound to the North Shore for a free show Saturday night.
When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6
Where: Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room
Recommended Stories For You
2. Julie Courtney and Doug Nichols at Cottonwood
Julie Courtney, an award-winning vocalist and TV personality in the Bay Area, and acoustic guitarist Doug Nichols will perform a free set Friday at Cottonwood Restaurant & Bar in Truckee.
When: 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5
Where: Cottonwood Restaurant & Bar, Truckee
3. Sunny Ozell at Moody's
Songstress Sunny Ozell, who is the wife of iconic actor Patrick Stewart (think Star Trek and X-Men), will bring her patchwork of blues, jazz, classic country and gospel to downtown Truckee this weekend. Ozell is playing in support of her latest album "Take It With Me," which features original songs and re-imaginings of rarities from the American songbook.
When: 8:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Aug. 5-6
Where: Moody's Bistro, Bar & Beats, Truckee
4. 'Hops for Huskies' at Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company
Tahoe Husky Recuse and Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company are holding a "Hops for Huskies" kick-off event Friday, with TMBC donating $1 from every beer sold to the rescue. All proceeds raised from the event — which will take place the first Friday of every month — will help save huskies in and around the Truckee-Tahoe region.
When: 5-8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5
Where: Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company taproom, Truckee
Cost: Free to attend
5. Devon Allman Band at Commons Beach
Devon Allman, son of legendary rock icon Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band, will bring his unique brand of Southern rock grooves to the West Shore for the Concerts at Commons Beach series Sunday in Tahoe City. Devon Allman is playing in support of his upcoming album "Ride or Die" (out Sept. 16).
When: 4-7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 7
Where: Commons Beach, Tahoe City
6. 'Mozart in the Mountains' Sunday
The Toccata-Tahoe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus will kick off its news series entitled "Mozart in the Mountains" on Sunday at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church in Incline Village.
When: 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 7
Where: St. Patrick's Episcopal Church, Incline Village
Cost: $25 adults, $20 seniors, $5 youth/students under age 24
7. Paul David and the Drivers at Music on the Beach
Paul David and the Drivers, an alternative rock band from Incline Village, will bring their high-energy sound and wide-range of covers to Kings Beach for the Music on the Beach concert series.
When: 6-9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5
Where: Kings Beach State Recreation Area
8. Pete Davidson at MontBleu Resort
Stand-up comedian and "Saturday Night Live" cast member Pete Davidson will perform his critically-acclaimed stand-up Saturday on the South Shore. Davidson, the youngest SNL cast member, was named one of the "Top 10 Comics to Watch for 2014" by Variety Magazine.
When: 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6
Where: MontBleu Resort, Lake Tahoe
9. Carnival Kermes in Truckee
The Family Resource Center of Truckee's Carnival Kermes will feature delicious Mexican and American food, music and carnival games. Enter the raffle for a chance to win one night in a Fireplace Suite at the Resort at Squaw Creek, a snowmobile tour from Coldstream Adventures or other great prizes.
When: 5-9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5
Where: Truckee River Regional Park, Truckee
10. Whitney Myer at Crystal Bay Casino
Soul singer Whitney Myer, an electrifying performer who teases the lines of R&B and rock and roll, will perform a free show Friday inside the Crystal Bay Casino Red Room.
When: 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 5
Where: Crystal Bay Casino Red Room
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- 50 years of St. Patrick’s: A long history of community service
- Sitting down with Incline Village volunteers from the 2016 Reno Rodeo
- Tahoe Top 5: Where to spend New Year’s Eve
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit