Your Tahoe Weekend: Live music and more in Truckee
February 23, 2018
Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend in Truckee.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Staff writer Wyatt Haupt Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Live Entertainment at Northstar California Resort
Enjoy apres specials, curl up by the outdoor fire pits, and check out the live entertainment.
Where: Northstar California Resort | 5001 Northstar Drive, Truckee
When: Friday, Feb. 23 | 2 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
2. Winter Series No. 2 Pop up Dinner
Join the Stella team as they present several unique menus throughout the winter.
Where: Cedar House Sport Hotel | 10918 Brockway Road, Truckee
When: Friday, Feb. 23 | 6 p.m.
Cost: $97 per person + tax and fees. Pre-registration required.
3. Farewell Dress Up Party
A celebration of 10 amazing years at Dress The Party. Come in your favorite festival wear or costume.
Where: Dress The Party | 10052 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Friday, Feb. 23 | 7 p.m.
4. Movie Night
Children and adults are invited to bring a favorite pillow and blanket to Northwoods Clubhouse and enjoy a movie.
Where: Pizza on the Hill | 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee
When: Friday, Feb. 23 | 6:30 p.m.
5. Michelle Moonshine Music Performance
Live music by Michelle Moonshine, whose music is rooted in her Honky Tonk heroes.
Where: Moody's Bistro, Bar & Beats | 10007 Bridge St., Truckee
When: Friday, Feb. 23 | 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Cost: No cover
6. Marty's Cafe Dinner Series
Enjoy farm to table French-inspired food with an Italian twist.
Where: Marty's Cafe | 10115 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Saturday, Feb. 24 | 6 p.m.
Cost: $60 per person
7. Glowstick Parade & Carnival at Tahoe Donner Downhill
A kid's version of the Torchlight Parade with glow sticks for children 10 or younger who can ski or ride unassisted in the dark on the resort's Snowbird run.
Where: Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area | 11603 Snowpeak Way, Truckee
When: Saturday, Feb. 24 | 4:30 p.m.
8. Metal Echo
Check out a female-fronted, supercharged rock tribute show by Metal Echo.
Where: Alibi Ale Works | 10069 Bridge St., Truckee
When: Saturday, Feb. 24 | 9 p.m.
Cost: No cover.
9. Captain Nordic's Dress up Day
In loving memory of longtime local and junior ski coach Mark Nadell, skiers are encouraged to dress up for a fun day of skiing in costume.
Where: Tahoe Donner Cross-Country Ski Area | 195275 Alder Creek Road, Truckee
When: Sunday, Feb. 25 | 9 a.m.
10. Barns in Watercolor
Participants will experiment with different barn subject matters to complete a 9×12" piece to take home. This workshop is for all levels.
Where: Atelier | 10128 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
When: Sunday, Feb. 25 | 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cost: Free. Most supplies are available for purchase for people who don't have their own.
Staff writer Wyatt Haupt Jr. can be reached at 530-550-2652 or via email at email@example.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Your Tahoe Weekend: A fun-filled Super Bowl weekend
- North Lake Tahoe-Truckee is chock-full of family friendly events, activities for Fourth of July
- Explore Tahoe: Five must-do snowshoe hikes that offer fun, adventure
- Nando Parrado, one of 16 ‘Miracle in the Andes’ survivors, to present next month at Lake Tahoe
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport