Your Tahoe Weekend: Tahoe City Oktoberfest, Truckee Wine Walk and more!
September 29, 2016
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are the Sierra Sun's picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email reporter Kaleb M. Roedel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Tahoe City Oktoberfest
Head to the North Shore on Saturday for the annual Tahoe City Oktoberfest. The event features live music — headlined by Truckee rock band Coburn Station — as well as traditional Bavarian themed games and local artisans vendor booths. Oktoberfest beer steins are included with the purchase of the first beer.
When: noon-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1
Where: William B. Layton State Park, Tahoe City
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: Free entry
2. Triple Threat Adventure Film Festival
Homewood Mountain Resort will host the Triple Threat Adventure Film Festival this weekend. The festival will include three nights of films featuring rock, dirt and snow, with all movies to be screened at Homewood's North Lodge on a 27-foot outdoor air screen.
When: Friday, Sept. 30-Sunday, Oct. 1
Where: Homewood Mountain Resort
Cost: Adults: $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Kids: $10/$15
3. Spartan Race World Championships at Squaw Valley
The Spartan Race World Championships return to Squaw Valley this weekend. Thousands of men, women and children of all ages will descend onto Squaw Valley to run through mud, climb walls, crawl under barbed wire and jump over fire. The event will also feature the top Spartan Elite athletes in the world who will contend to win a cash prize.
When: Saturday, Oct. 1 and Sunday, Oct. 2
Where: Squaw Valley Ski Resort
Cost: Spectators: $17/$20/$50
4. Inna Vision at Crystal Bay Casino
Inna Vision, a Maui-based roots reggae band, will bring its upbeat blend of contemporary reggae, dancehall and hip hop to the North Shore for a free show Friday.
When: 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30
Where: Crystal Bay Casino Red Room
5. "Ruin and Rose" ski film at Olympic Valley Lodge
Get stoked for the ski season with the premiere of "Ruin and Rose" on Saturday at Olympic Valley Lodge. The film is an epic vision brought to life by the talents of the world's top skiers.
When: 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1
Where: Olympic Valley Lodge
6. Frankie Boots & the County Line at Moody's
San Francisco-based Frankie Boots & the Country Line, a rollicking folk/Americana/country step quintet, will play back-to-back free shows in downtown Truckee this weekend.
When: 8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1
Where: Moody's Bistro, Bar & Beats, Truckee
7. Truckee Wine Walk
Sip wine, sample local food and get your shop on in Historic Downtown Truckee on Saturday for the annual Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop. Attendees will receive a commemorative wine glass to sample wine at 30-plus venues as well as five food tickets and a map to all participating venues.
When: noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1
Where: Historic Downtown Truckee
Cost: $40 in advance, $45 the day of
8. Camp Richardson's Oktoberfest
Dust off those lederhosen and grab those steins — Oktoberfest is back at Camp Richardson Historic Resort and Marina for another year of beer, brats and yodeling! The Gruber Family Band, a polka outfit, will headline the live music. Contests include a stein-holding contest, a yodeling contest and an owner and dog dress-up contest.
When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 1-2
Where: Camp Richardson, South Lake Tahoe
Cost: Free entry
9. Castro & The Painkillers at Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Get ready for an evening of blues-rock this weekend as six-time Blues Music Award winner Tommy Castro jams in the South Shore Room at Harrah's Lake Tahoe alongside his band The Painkillers.
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1
Where: Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Cost: Tickets begin at $29.35
10. Todd Glass at Harvey's Improv
Stand-up comedian Todd Glass — best known for his myriad of TV appearances; from "Last Comic Standing" to "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" — will bring his unique brand of humor to the South Shore this weekend.
When: 9 p.m. Friday-Sunday, Sept. 30-Oct. 2
Where: The Improv at Harvey's, Lake Tahoe
Cost: $25 Friday and Sunday; $30 Saturday
Trending In: Activities & Events
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 6 must-do hikes to Tahoe-area waterfalls
- Tahoe Magazine: Winter 2016-17 — read the digital edition here!
- Destination Lake Tahoe: Check out these 6 scenic spots you can access by bike
- Tahoe-Truckee music calendar
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit