Boreal, Mt. Rose to open Friday
November 6, 2014
Lake Tahoe's 2014-2015 ski season is set to get under way this week.
Following a storm that dropped upward of 10 inches of snow on the Sierra Crest over the weekend, both Boreal Mountain Resort and Mt. Rose-Ski Tahoe announced Tuesday they will open to skiers and riders on Friday.
Boreal, located off Highway 80 west of Truckee, will open for the 2014-15 ski season at 9 a.m. Friday and will offer one run with six terrain park features accessed via the Castle Peak Quad chairlift, according to the resort.
All-day tickets for adults and teens will be $39, while night-only adult and teen tickets will be $29. All-day tickets are good from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Night-only tickets are good from 3:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Mt. Rose, located off the Mt. Rose Highway north of Incline Village, will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday through Sunday. The resort will feature terrain and terrain park elements off of the Flying Jenny conveyor lift only. Tickets will be $10.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Mountainfilm on Tour lands at Squaw Valley
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- WineInk: Expert suggestion for the Valentine’s Day pairing of wine with love