Dark Horse After Hours creates live music video series in Truckee
September 16, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Dark Horse After Hours announced recently the official launch of its original live music video series, a groundbreaking creative concept designed to revolutionize how we experience the great musicians of today.
Celebrating the launch two weeks ago, DHAH released its third episode featuring North Lake Tahoe's own band Sneaky Creatures.
DHAH creates unique encounters with each artist that performs at the infamous Dark Horse Coffee Roasters. Online audiences will gain a rare perspective into their favorite musicians through exclusive performances and live Speak Easy Interview sessions.
Sneaky Creatures is a mischievous alt-gypsy swing septet from Kings Beach, with a style all their own. Steeped with influences from acts such as Django Reinhardt and Hank Williams III, the Creatures have been creeping into the North Tahoe music scene with their unusual blend of rock, jazz and dixieland-funk for over four years.
Their performance at Dark Horse After Hours was a creative treat; an ode to their historical influences, and a true representation of their unique style.
"We envision every After Hours being a raw experience, where your watch your favorite acts, live, in a scene set for a music video," said Evan Buzzell, Director of Dark Horse After Hours. "Where anything can happen, because there are no rules, no strict guidelines. Our latest release with Sneaky Creatures is a perfect example of what we're looking to create in the future, and we're just gettin' started!"
Recommended Stories For You
Dark Horse After Hours is currently seeking grant funding and sponsors, as well as distribution partners for the remainder of 2016.
The next act will be announced in the coming weeks as the large acts coming through the area, they are always on the lookout for new innovative groups to share with their audience.
In Truckee, Dark Horse Coffee Roasters is located at 10009 W. River St.
This article was provided by Dark Horse After Hours. Visit DarkHorseAfterHours.com for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Wine Ink: After the burn with wine legend Dan Kosta
- And the winners are: Results of 33rd annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival released
- Birders, don’t despair: Winter birds are here at Lake Tahoe
- Vote for Best Of North Lake Tahoe & Truckee
- 10 things to do in Truckee this weekend: Beer and German food; Dog races; Snowshoe tours
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl