Annual Pink Party to raise money for breast cancer awareness
October 22, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The party of the fall returns Friday, Oct. 24, from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. at FiftyFifty Brewing Co. in Truckee.
The Pink Party has become an annual favorite for locals and visitors. This year's party will feature live music, a silent auction, photo booth, costume contests, food and drink specials, "Pink" drinks, after-hours DJs and more.
Live music by Island of Black and White will take place from 8-10:30 p.m. Founded in the Foothills of El Dorado, the band's music is a sweet and humble, yet raw blend of acoustic rock, funky reggae and soulful blues.
With over 40 originals, the unique sound of Island of Black and White captures the attention of those young and old — with Chris Haislet on guitar, keyboard, accordion, melodica, flute and vocals; Nawal Alwareeth on drums and vocals; and John John Baguio on lead guitar.
The event will also feature late night beats by DJ Rooney and "Pink" drink specials from Chopin Vodka.
A silent auction will take place from 5-9 p.m. at FiftyFifty and surrounding businesses. There will also be a photo booth from 8-11 p.m. and a costume contest, so come dressed to impress in your best Pink get up.
Recommended Stories For You
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month; all proceeds from the Pink Party will go to Boarding for Breast Cancer.
Founded in 1996, B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large.
Through grassroots events, year-round educational outreach and the Survivorship Fund, B4BC is able to further its mission of promoting early detection and a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online for $25. Limited tickets are available, and prices will raise to $35 day of, so purchase your ticket soon.
Visit tinyurl.com/loxtqd9 to buy tickets online.
This article was submitted to the Bonanza by Boarding for Breast Cancer. Visit b4bc.org to learn more about B4BC, or search for "Skate The Lake" on Facebook for local endeavors.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Is there a panic-prone personality type? Got Anxiety?
- Longtime Tahoe family doctor closing private practice to work out of Reno
- Craig Empowerment Center opens in Truckee for disabled athletes
- Got Anxiety? Understanding core beliefs associated with anxiety
- Got Anxiety? Understanding your relationship with anxiety
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure