Free federal health care workshops set in Truckee, North Tahoe
November 19, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — The North Tahoe Family Resource Center will host a trio of free workshops to help residents sign up health care coverage offered under the Affordable Care Act.
Covered California's open enrollment period began Nov. 15 and last through Feb. 15, 2015.
Residents can attend the workshops to have questions answered about the Affordable Care Act and sign up for insurance with the assistance of Certified Covered California Insurance Agent Cheryl Lombardi.
The workshops are as follows:
• Friday, Nov. 21, 4-7 p.m., Family Resource Center of Truckee, at 11695 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
• Wednesday, Dec. 3, 3-6 p.m., Tahoe City Library, at 740 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City.
Recommended Stories For You
• Wednesday, Dec. 10, 3-6 p.m., Kings Beach Library, at 301 Secline St. in Kings Beach.
Applicants are asked to cbring proof of current income; California Identification or Driver's License; U.S Passport or legal resident card; birth dates for the people who are applying; and social security numbers for all who are applying.
As space is limited, interested residents are asked to sign up by calling the North Tahoe Family Resource Center at 530-546-0952.
The workshops are presented by the North Tahoe Family Resource Center, a Certified Covered California Outreach and Grantee entity, in collaboration with Lombardi.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- The silent killer hits home: Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
- Find your nirvana: Experience sensory deprivation floating in Truckee
- Tahoe Forest offering flu shots; NV Co. offering free shots on Monday
- Clove, ginger, cinnamon among essential oils for the fall season
- Discover beneficial ‘cupping therapy’ in Kings Beach