Free suicide awareness discussions scheduled for Tahoe City, Truckee
March 24, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — In an effort to raise awareness about suicide at Lake Tahoe, officials are hosting an open discussion about mental health supportive services and community resources this week.
The free talk takes place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, at the North Tahoe High School Gymnasium, at 2945 Polaris Road, Tahoe City.
Dr. Kim Bateman, Jackie Hurt-Coppola and other mental health experts will address topics ranging from how to talk to children about suicide, dealing with depression, and self care during grief and sadness.
The discussion is sponsored by the Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee.
Further, the Tahoe Truckee Youth Suicide Prevention Coalition is holding a community meeting on Tuesday, March 31, from noon to 2 p.m. at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District office at 11603 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
Recommended Stories For You
According to TTUSD, the meeting will focus on the coalition's upcoming events and informing residents about how they can become involved.
To learn more about the coalition, contact its facilitator, Sarah McClarie, at email@example.com or by calling 530-582-2560.
Trending In: Health & Wellness
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week